Little project I have been working on - Completed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks to Russ010 directing him to me, I had a guy come to me interested in doing a little mod on a 2009 G3 1436. He opted to go with wood, and a fairly simple layout. Here is the work I have completed so far. I have just a few things left, such as fabricating and mounting the trolling motor pedal well, and such.

https://shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,528,00.html

Bassboy1

Nice job.

You guys don't have any warpage or rot problems using all wood? I've never owned one that had much wood in it that lasted long unless it was garage stored. Even that one had to have the decks replaced after it sat under a leaking tarp for 2 weeks in August and warped the decks like crazy.

I haven't had any problem with wood - IF I painted it with exterior deck paint or some sort of sealer... The last boat I had did great, and is still doing great with that wood.

With my new boat - I left the stupid thing uncovered the other day and it's been getting rained on pretty heavily. I was rushing to get it ready for our tournament and didn't seal or paint the wood in it before carpeting it - I'm more than likely going to have to redo it all this winter because it's starting to turn colors on the bottom side. But, only time will tell

Good job D

Nice work BassBoy.
Do you know the dimensions of the factory livewell?
Just curious,maybe he could use it for a lunker fish or small ones.

he should just leave it in there, and not plug the drain. Those work great as drink and food coolers. Put the ice in, and at the end of the day just pull the plug and let it drain

Nice work BB.
I noticed you still managed to pop a few rivets on the all wood build :lol: . I think you're a metal head at heart, but looks like you know your way around a wood shop as well.
A couple questions:

I see you eneded up moving the TM mount position. Was this for the hatch opening?
How have you determined the foot pedal location? Seems like it's critical that it be in an exact position to be comfortable using it in combination with the pedestal seat.

Brine said:
Nice work BB.
I noticed you still managed to pop a few rivets on the all wood build :lol: . I think you're a metal head at heart, but looks like you know your way around a wood shop as well.
Indeed. My dad has always had a very well setup wood shop, and has made everything from fine furniture to houses, and everything in between, so in my younger years, I really picked up on the tricks of woodworking. I was the one that got him interested in metal, in the past couple of years. I try to build everything I can out of metal, whereas he still gravitates towards wood for a lot of things.

I see you eneded up moving the TM mount position. Was this for the hatch opening?
Actually, the owner decided he wanted it pointed further inward, so I was able to put the hatch further forward, which fit the structure design better. Were I to put it further back, I would have to add supplementary support up in the front.

How have you determined the foot pedal location? Seems like it's critical that it be in an exact position to be comfortable using it in combination with the pedestal seat.
Correct. I actually put the pedal up against the back of the bow seat, as I didn't want to start chopping on a brand spanking new boat, and then adjusted the pedal in relation to that. I decided where it should go based on where I usually stand in my boat, which also has the same sunken pedal. One of the mistakes I made in my boat was putting the seat too far from the pedal. I measured where it was on my buddies bass boat, which seemed somewhat comfortable for me, but he doesn't have the sunken pedal. So, when I put it in my hull, I realized that when it is sunk in, it needs to be closer to the seat, as the reason it is so far forward in the Ranger was that your leg is angled up to reach it. It doesn't matter too much in mine, as I found that with the sunken pedal, the bike seat on the pedestal is dang near worthless, as you can stand up straight, and not worry about loosing your balance, or fatiguing one foot. Mine has since been sold.

Latest posts