trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishsalot

Reaction score
well guy i got a 34 pound trust minn kota trans mount, i turned the head ok fine,i mounted the motor to the front with a 2x4 going long ways seen to hold on the trailer fine lmao lol put the boat in the water turned the trolling motor on lol and off the motor came, so i lost the 2x4 srewed the motor to the boat is had a lot of play but when if was time to pick up the trolling motor she wouldnt pick up right so what should i do

I'm sorry.
Could you re-word the question.
I think your 2X4 fell off so you had to put the TM right on the boat and now the TM won't come up,is this right?
If so...I'm not sure how you hooked it to the boat but if you turned the head around you may have to put it on backwards so it will tilt back or build a different side bracket to hook to.

when i first brought the trolling mototr i turned the head 180 that part is fine i used a 2x4 to srew the trolling motor down went to use the motor and all most lost the motor cause the 2x4 didnt hold to the side of boat so had to srew the motor to the boat it worked but moved a lot then when i tryed to move stops i'd try to pick up the trolling motor you know fold it a way, it just didnt come with far out of the water i hope i made my self clear

I have mine setup like that. Let me find my pics.

EDIT: I have a piece of 2x4 on the inside and a piece of 1x3 on the outside. The 2x4 is not attached to anything...just the force from the clamp holds it there. The 1x3 is screwed to the TM bracket. I have never had this move or fall off...But it is clamped on there extremely tight.

100_3955-1.jpg

100_4573.jpg