My New Boat!! 17ft Watchamacallit

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
Here is what Ive been waiting to find !! I told myself that I would like to have a bigger boat and so for the past few months Ive kept a close eye on Craigslist. (we always want bigger and faster....right?) I found this today and have sent the guy an email and left him a voice message. Hopefully he still has it!!!! Im thinking my 35 should push this pretty good.....don't you guys think?

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/1273572999.html

ben2go said:
Thats a deal if the nessassary paper work is in order.

Yeah....I know. Although here in TN, its easy. All you need is a handwritten Bill of Sale.
Im still waiting to hear back. You know how Craigslist is........

Correct me if I'm wrong but your the guy that fixed up that old aluminum boat and made it into the dark blue,matching trailer/motor,"lund" fishing machine.
I hope you get it so I can watch you do your magic again.

Waterwings said:
Looks to be a good find. I'd check it out real well for any damage, and of course correct paperwork as stated above.

How's the band doing!?

The band is taking some needed time off. :D One of our members has two little ones and he would like to be around his family more. (who can blame him....right?) So, we'll see what the future holds.

I will be sure and check out the boats structure really good.

Zum said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but your the guy that fixed up that old aluminum boat and made it into the dark blue,matching trailer/motor,"lund" fishing machine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I hope you get it so I can watch you do your magic again.

Thanks Zum!! It looks like I will get it. (as long as it checks out good)

The guy called me today and Im going to check it out tomorrow. Im hoping that I can get that old Evinrude running. I figured I would sell it for a couple of hundred bucks to help pay for the boat.

If I do end up getting it, I probably won't begin restoring/modding it until the fall......but I am looking forward to the build. Man....it's kind of addicting!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

evattman said:
Waterwings said:
Looks to be a good find. I'd check it out real well for any damage, and of course correct paperwork as stated above.

How's the band doing!?

The band is taking some needed time off. :D One of our members has two little ones and he would like to be around his family more. (who can blame him....right?) So, we'll see what the future holds.

I will be sure and check out the boats structure really good.

Can certainly understand the time with family. I have you guys on my Zune and was doing some listening while out of town a couple of weeks ago. 8)

Well.......things worked out and I went ahead and pulled the trigger! Just like my last boat, I have NO idea who made this boat. I have not measured it yet, but its definitely 17 ft long and maybe about 5 1/2 foot wide. I dropped it at a friends house because I don't have a place to store it until I move in a couple of weeks.
The hull is in really good shape....... the trailer is another story. Its a little rusty, new tires/rims, but they are too small, and the whole trailer is too short.
He had a lot of goodies that he included with it.......
1) Evinrude 35hp lark (looks like 1957) I will be selling
2) All controls ...... steering/wheel/cables/lever
3) New trailer winch
4) New trailer 3rd wheel (I think thats what you call it)
5) Roughly 20 ft of light tan marine carpet
6) New trailer lights

At 350 bucks, I just could not pass it up.

img0284pdw.jpg

img0291c.jpg

img0293i.jpg

Had to rig some lights for the 30 minute drive :mrgreen:
img0286u.jpg

img0289c.jpg

img0288t.jpg

img0294n.jpg

Ive been searching this evening for the manufacturer of the boat.......but Ive come up empty. Anyone have an idea?

My dad has a 14' boat,close to that color...atleast half of it.
His is a springbok.
How high is that transom?

Zum said:
My dad has a 14' boat,close to that color...atleast half of it.
His is a springbok.
How high is that transom?

The middle of the transom is about 16 inches. I think I just found out that its a Bracewell Boat.I found whats left of a number on it.

Looks like I may go ahead and start my modding this weekend. Do you guys think this layout will work? I want to partially cut out the second seat and make a big walkthrough floor. Just wanted to get some opinions on how structurally sound it will be.

And I measured the boat. Its 16ft long and 5 1/2 ft wide (at it widest)

img028423.jpg

And here is the paint scheme I'll use.......Black sides with a gray bottom.....with gray interior.
091625rebel.jpg

ben2go said:
Your center bench appears to be structural.I wouldn't remove it.I would notch it, leave the lower part intact, and floor over it.

Bingo!! :mrgreen:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm just hoping that after I notch it, it does not loose any strength. After I cut that part out, I may put some aluminum bracing inside the sides.

evattman said:
ben2go said:
Your center bench appears to be structural.I wouldn't remove it.I would notch it, leave the lower part intact, and floor over it.

Bingo!! :mrgreen:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm just hoping that after I notch it, it does not loose any strength. After I cut that part out, I may put some aluminum bracing inside the sides.

That's a good idea. Will you use that section for storage, or replacing/installing flotation foam?

Latest posts