Okay guys, I need an opinion on a TIN this time around!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Well I came across another boat that seems like a decent deal. I haven't talked to the seller yet, so all I can tell you is whats posted on the ad.

84 bass tracker
16ft (can anyone guess the width????)
30hp mariner (I dont know if it runs, but we'll assume it does)
trolling motor (looks to be crap)
fish finder (obviously not high-end)
live well (I think thats the thing between the seats)
comes with the trailer which has all new tires and bearings

hes asking 1500

I'm not really interested in a fixeruper this time around, but this one could be fun. Obviously the console needs work, and I'd probably redo all of the decking.

I was thinking I'd offer 1000, and if he wont take it I'll walk. I'd have to buy a new TM, and it looks like an expensive project. New seats, decking, carpet, etc.

Opinions? and does anyone know the width? I cant find it online.

Attachments

• boat1.JPG
    boat1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 364
  • boat2.JPG
    boat2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 364
  • boat3.JPG
    boat3.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 364
I like that it's a mod v - though the decking does look a bit old. I think if the motor runs and the hull is solid without leaks, I'd pay 1200. But again that's just my opinion. I also like the anchor mate, tho the anchor looks pretty rusty, lol.

I would be really surprised if those decks and the floor are not rotten. Tracker and Lowe were using all wood in their interiors back then. I had a mid 80's model 16' Lowe with a 40 Merc. that had all of that wood and the thing would barely get out of it's own way.

dyeguy1212 said:
I just can't decide if its big enough for me... 16 feet is plenty, but it looks a little cramped...

If you rework it and get some of those seats in a better position or remove one,you will find more room.Consoles eat up space but thry can be removed.

ben2go said:
dyeguy1212 said:
I just can't decide if its big enough for me... 16 feet is plenty, but it looks a little cramped...

If you rework it and get some of those seats in a better position or remove one,you will find more room.Consoles eat up space but thry can be removed.

Agree 100%. There are too many seats in there. At least one needs to go, and one needs to be moved.

Well I'd like to keep the one behind the console and keep the other one right next to it in the same place. I dont sit while fishing on the deck, and neither do my co anglers, so I'd probably leave both decks open.

If I do buy it, I'd bring the front deck back to the center console and put the livewell there.

I don't have much experience with different width tin boats, so Im having a hard time judging if itd be big enough for what i like to do..

Sounds like you already have some ideas.I like the idea of bring the deck back and putting a live well in front of the console.That will keep the weight centered in the boat.

down here in georgia guys wood be standing in line to snag that project boat up.i wood buy it,the mods that could be done are endless. :D

Latest posts