New(to me) boat, need some help!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I just bought a new to me boat. Its a 1960 Crestliner V bottom Alum boat. Its 16' in lenght. The helm was built into the bow of the boat(factory, not added). I'm looking to find some type on ID tag on this boat with a model # and HP rating. I've looked and looked and cant find it anywhere. The boat has a large splash well on the back of it, but i've looking under there and still cant find anything. Anyone have any idea where else to look?? I'm looking to find out what HP the boat is rated for. Thanks in advance!

Here are the only two pics i have of now. I was going to take more today, but its been raining all day. Let me know any info possible! Thanks. Its a 1960, 16'

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

I'll deffinitly enjoy it! Just looking to find out some info on it. I cant seem to locate an ID tag ANYWHERE! LOL

it has a HIN tag that was issued by the state rivited on the side of the boat. I'm looking for the tag that gives me the weight capacity and the max HP.

I had the same issue with my Crestliner.
I called and they were able to help me
with the max hp and capacity rating.
They identified the model from pics I emailed to them.
Maybe they can help you out.
I wasn't sure about the customer service number, so I included both.

Crestliner
609 13th Ave. NE
Little Falls, MN 56345

Phone:
Customer Service/Warranty Parts: 320-616-5600 | Warranty Repair/Technical Only: 320-616-5629

320-632-6686 Customer Service/Parts/Warranty - press 2
320-632-6686 Sales & Marketing - press 3

ober51 said:
My 14' Sylvan was rated for 35, made in 1980. I will say at least that for your boat, maybe closer to 50.

I think you are close.I did some searching and found a boat kinda like the one pictured.It's numbers were 1125lbs total,6 passengers,and 40HP.Guess I should have link to it.

I found a number that was under a couple coats of paint. It was on the right front of the boat on the outside. I've registerd at retro crestliner.com but they STILL havent activated my acount( I set it up last Tuesday!) I'm not sure if anyone on here can give me any information based off of these numbers or not, but they are 1050-4573H. Its a 1960 Crestliner. Thanks.

actually, i found out what i needed to know. Thanks

https://retrocrestliner.com/1960%20crestliner/1960%20page5%20voyager%2014,15.jpg

Its a model 1050

CrewCabMax said:
actually, i found out what i needed to know. Thanks

https://retrocrestliner.com/1960%20crestliner/1960%20page5%20voyager%2014,15.jpg

Its a model 1050

#-o That was the link I was looking at but failed to post. #-o

Latest posts