OMC Shift/Throttle Control

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfouty

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some information on the operation of a OMC shifter. Can't find a model number on it. It has a tilt/trim switch, high idle lever, key switch with push choke, emergency shut off tether, and a alarm built into it. Also has a single post plug in which runs up to a trim gauge on dash. Just above this plug on backside of box there is a adjustment screw of some type, I've adjusted it both ccw and cw and don't notice any operational difference. Anyone know what this is for, also I can't figure how to set high idle. Thought you started motor, lifted lever then could adjust throttle lever position, mine doesn't respond to this. Thanks, Todd :?:

I don't know if we have the same controls. Mine in on a '74 Merc 500 thunderbolt ignition. It has the push button choke, warm up lever, trim/tilt on handle, key. I don't think mine has an alarm. If it does, I doubt it works, never heard it.
Starting procedure for mine is: warm up lever in 1/2 open position, hold down choke button, crank. Once it fires(and dies), let up on choke, start. It's the same no matter if it's 10* or 100*.

That screw knob should be throttle friction. It adjusts how tight or loose the throttle handle is.

Are you saying that when you lift the fast idle lever, nothing happens?

Latest posts