my little boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forced2workborn2fish

Reaction score
I mainly fish small ponds and resevoirs where there isn't much wake from other boats so I bought this boat a fews months ago for dirt cheap. it's 10', light gauge aluminum, riveted. it's an older boat, but it was the length and the price that I was looking for so I couldn't pass it up. I got some seats from a guy at work that I am going to mount soon. I wanted to get a boat that I could put a deck on but I'm affraid this little guy is too narrow. so I'm going to add some flooring and add some weight to the front to counter the weight of my 7.5hp. I'm not sure what year this boat is so if you have any clue I'd appreciate knowing. I'll post more pics as it comes along.

Attachments

• 0629091902.jpg
    0629091902.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 512
  • 0630091929.jpg
    0630091929.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 512
  • 0712091415.jpg
    0712091415.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 512
Congrats on the successful find! I too have a similar boat. i got the same feeling of narrowness but some light mods couldn't hurt right? :wink:

That appears to be a Gamefisher like mine, but a few different retailers sold them under different names.They are only rated for 3.5HP and 360 pounds.They are prone to flex,especially with an outboard motor.I ran a 5HP Gamefisher on mine and almost sank it.So I tried a 55lbs thrust Minn Kota.Worked perfectly.I put the battery in the front and I could toodle around all day.they are way to small to deck.

thanks guys,

after I posted this yesterday I went to dick's sporting goods and looked at a little 30 pound thrust trolling motor, I think I will just go with that and sale this motor, had a feeling it was too much for this boat. 8)

Latest posts