Hello from a new member

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to Alumacraft Joe for telling me about this forum. I just bought a 15 ft 1952 Alumacraft Open C to restore. This is gonna be a de-stress project for me and my wife. I think it's the original trailer and I'm hoping to be able to use it. It's got some cosmetic problems but it seems to be pretty solid. I'm hoping y'all might have some info on it, too. I bought it with a 1978 model 15 horse Evinrude, plus I already had a 1973 20 horse Johnson. I haven't decided which one I'm gonna put on it yet. Pics are attached - it looks like the oars are original also. I'm tossing around a few ideas in my head for how I'm going to lay it out - it will have flooring, double seats in the front, a raised deck to mount the trolling motor and rod holders - haven't worked it all out yet though.

Paul

Attachments

• New old boat 1.JPG
    New old boat 1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 306.JPG
    306.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 466
  • 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 466
Welcome Aboard Paul! If your looking for info on moding your boat, you've come to the right place.

I like the way those oars are stowed. My Dad had 3 alternative power options on the boat I now have: the outboard, the trolling motor and the oars. It always seemed to be a good idea to have as many as possible so you don't get stuck out on the water. I'm wanting to put them back in the boat but I didn't want them permanently stuck in the oarlocks like he had them.

Mike

i like the way that trailer's built, its different and looks good. im still trying to find a way to stow my paddle like your oars are

looks good cant wait to see some progress