newbie, 14' grumman vhull potential mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davescarp

Reaction score
Hi all, just stumbled into this site and all I can say is WOW... What a great resource... So, I have a 1988 14' grumman cfs fisherman w/ tank benches v-hull, the hull is in really good condition. it's 52" wide at the base of the gunnels and there is 34" of length between each bench. I'm a bit overwhelmed as far as what to do and exactly how to go about it.. I'm pretty sure I want to put a casting deck up front, and want to add a floor inbetween the middle 2 benches. I'd also love to add a fish box/cooler, rod storage, maybe a battery compartment.. I will post some pics this afternoon when I get home from work. I don't really know much about modding these things and would appreciate any advice you'all have for a newbie. I'm struggling w/ how to make a level surface to support the floor, and how to afix the front casting deck without drilling through the gunnels. again, also seems to be a wide range of materials and sealants for plywood flooring etc. thanks for any help you might have... i know i know, picture pictures pictures..

ok, here are some pics to get the creative juices flowing...

I thinking of a transom trolling motor, so maybe some way to conceal and protect the battery and 6 gallon fuel can..

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpg
    IMG_5403.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 936
  • IMG_5405.jpg
    IMG_5405.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 936
  • IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 936
  • IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 936
thanks, my pops bought it in 91, we used it a little when I was younger, then it sat in his backyard for over 12 years untill i recently confiscated it.. it had a minor altercation with a fallen tree branch years ago, but doesn't leak, all rivets are sound and really is pretty in pretty good shape for a 20 yr old boat. motor probably has less than 50 hrs on it. really just want to put a floor in and make a nice fron casting deck. would also like to make a couple of storage comparments for the anchor and rope, maybe a battery box, and figure out a way to store rods as the vertical rod racks in the stern just put them in harms way.. thats all.. :lol:

Latest posts