need help with leaking boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEason

Reaction score
I have a Lowe deck boat. We have a few rivets on the bottom that is leaking . Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it. Someone told me to use 50/400 on a web site but I don't know what it is can anyone tell me if they have heard of it and if so would it work

The biggest answer that I have seen on here before is they all say just re-buck the rivets. I have never used that but I have used J B Weld in the past for a fix.

I am not an expert by any means but that is what I have done in the past.

Thanks that was what I thought about doing. It's my wife's boat I got her. It runs good and looks good just have to fix that leak before the grandkids get on it.

Yep, re-buck the rivet.

The product they were talking about was probably a marine sealant like 3M 5200.

I would try to buck the rivet first.

Rebuck all you can and then use Steel Flex - a two part epoxy offered up by Fasco Unlimited out of Florida. The stuff is amazing.

can steel flex be used without turning boat upside down or would it drip off Thanks Randy

vaskeet said:
can steel flex be used without turning boat upside down or would it drip off Thanks Randy

I wouldnt do it without flipping it. If I did, it would have to be SUPER thin, as it has a tendency to run on vertical parts.

Latest posts