16' Lund Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2K

Reaction score
Hey fellas....GREAT site...been lurking for a while but I need some thoughts.

I picked up this 16' Lund this summer...great boat, is in great shape, but needs to be modified to be more musky fisherman friendly. (Casting deck up front for sure with storage below, and hopefully one in the back), side lockers on both sides for storage.

I've done boat mods before, adding casting decks, building duck boats, but I'm kind of stuck on this one and am looking for advice.

I musky fish..a lot.....and want to be able to have the guy in the back of the boat have a deck to figure 8 off of just like I will up front. So my question....what would be the best way to build a deck in the back?

boat5.jpg

The problem I'm dealing with is, I dont want the deck to be permanent, unless I can have a removable seat that pops on and off pretty quickly to drive the boat (seat not necessary for that but nice). I won't always be muskie fishing out of it so to have the open floor in the back would be a nice option.

Have any of you guys ever built a removable deck that would just lay down over a frame and be sturdy enough to fish from?

Here are more pics of the boat for an overall idea of it...

boat7.jpg

boat4.jpg

Oh...and I gutted this thing last night, floor was very soft in spots and I want to get this thing up and ready for fall muskies!

Thoughts/ideas?

Thx!

:WELCOME:

Check out our mod section for some ideas.You could build a flat floor like in the pics and then build some removable boxes out of 2x2 and plywood,deck the tops with some hatches.That way you would have removable decking and storage,plus be able to have an open flat floor.

Latest posts