14ft Vhull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sogafishin

Reaction score
Ive been reading these great forums for a while now.Havent has to post much because of all the info thta is already here.Just posting a few pics of my project and have couple of questions.What do I need to do about anchor rope cleats?What about adding a small casting deck up front?Trying to keep her as light as possible.The boat is 14ft x 48".What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC00344.JPG
    DSC00344.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 562
  • DSC00346.JPG
    DSC00346.JPG
  • DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
I think it is perfect as is. Nice boat!

Maybe put a small level floor in the front to make it easier to stand/lean on but other than that I would leave it as is.

Yeah I wanna leave it like it is just a couple improvements.I have a extra foot contol motor lying around Im debating on installing.A flat front floor would be mandatory then.I just dont know If I want all the weight.Light as a feather now.How do these older tin boats do in salt water?Love to fish small saltwater crreks. great catfishing boat.

countryboy210 said:
Nice Looking Boat Just As She Is ! :D And Your Very Own Self-Serve Gas Pump Right There In The "Boat House", Sweet ! :lol:
I knew someone would point it out.

I think it looks pretty good! With high seats as they are, adding the weight of a deck (and I assume, a standing angler?) might make the boat a bit tippy. Also, the pilot's seat is centered (for balance?) when it should probably be low and offset to the starboard side. Just my two coppers! :wink:

As an aside, I should mention that I think in terms of my own 6'2", 335lb. frame. A guy like me has to keep a low center of gravity in small boats!

Cheers,
Rob

i just screw'd my cleats down w/ drywall screws 2 up front and 2 on the rear. they'll probably need bolts in some time when they loosen up but they're holding tight as can be now

i like your rig nice, simple, and clean

Nice boat man - I agree with others, put a small floor up front just to knock down on noise and make it easier to move around a little.

You wouldn't by chance be in Georgia would ya? Your screen name looks familiar from GON or something

I havent been in the boat with the seats yet but have a few times with just the benches.When I purchased the boat the seats were removed and I just installed them back to where the previous owner had them.I was thinking about putting them lower but Ill try her like this for now.Im a smaller guy 5 10 190 so maybe we wont get wet.LOL.The motor is a 1968 20hp Johnson.GPSd her at 25mph with just me and gear.Looking for a 9x10 prop have a 9x9 now.Yep Im in extreme South Georgia with all the snakes skeeters and gators.Im on the GON forums every day also.