Next Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkbr

Reaction score
I am planning to build another boat this fall/winter. The plan at the moment is to build an 1860 and set it in the front yard for sale, but I am not locked into those dimentions. What are you guys mostly looking for? More than anything, my only hesitation right now in market, so I figured I'd see what the general interest is of you guys.

My other consideration is a 1660. Either way, it will most likely be a mod-V bow with a 20" transom

Any thoughts?

1648 to 1660 are highly sought after and rarely found for sale.That would be a good size.I think an 18 foot would be pushing the weight limit of small trucks and cars that most people use to pull Jon boats.

I've kind of been leaning twords a 16' myself, but reciently got a 1997 60hp given to me and thought that'd be perfect to hang off of a 18'. The motor runs great, just needs a lower unit.

I'll throw a sketch together today. It would be out of aluminum, most likely with a 2x2 square tubing framework, laminated with .125 bottom and sides, .100 floor, decking, and any seats. I have a 55 ton press and have been messing with making a die to make my own cross members rather than using the 2x2 (cost wise) but, haven't quite got it perfected as of yet.

Latest posts