Need Help/advice on a particular boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
Hello;
I am looking at purchasing a 11ft boat made by a company called "Sea Sport".
It is NOT this company https://www.seasportboats.com/index.php
The boat kind of looks like a Boston Whaler Tender
https://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/FrankenFraud/?action=view&current=boatpics2009.jpg
Does anybody here know anything about this company & this particular boat (the boat was slightly modified with the casting deck & the stupid trolling motor bracket on the back which WILL come off if I decide to buy the boat)? This boat was made in 1989 & is rated for a 20 hp OB motor. How do you think it would handle 2ft-3ft waves. I plan on using the boat on small to average size inland lakes to mostly Bass & Pike fish from. I plan to put a 1957 18 hp Evinrude OB on the back & occasionally take my 9 year old out on it (it has a chrome side rails which were taken off & can be put back on). And lastly, if you had to venture a guess, how much does it weigh minus the motor (I.e. just the boat alone)? Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

11 feet is awfully little, but I think you'd be alright in the waves as long as you didn't have much weight in it. If you do get into waves like that though, I'd be sure and stay off of that deck.

sparkbr said:
11 feet is awfully little, but I think you'd be alright in the waves as long as you didn't have much weight in it. If you do get into waves like that though, I'd be sure and stay off of that deck.

Yeah kind of BUT...most (if not all) of the 1st 3ft of any of your row boats & Deep V's are wasted space in regards to actual fishing area. This boat doesn't have that problem. Btw, it is also 24" deep & 5ft wide through out 90% of the boat. And don't worry about me standing on that deck in those waves. My butt will be firmly planted in the driver's seat & heading into port. :lol: (kind of wonder about wakes from other boats though :-k )