Anyone else here as stupid as I am????????????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunk50

Reaction score
OK, I really don't think I am stupid but there are a hell of a lot of business that could speak more splain!!! :D I bought a new Tracker Grizzly 1754 AWL. I have spent two days now for a total of about 7 hours searching the internet for a good trailer able cover. Boat is 17'2" long and 74" beam. I can find all sorts of 17 and 18' long covers but then the are 86" to 96" wide. If I find a 74" cover it's only 16 feet long. Then I add ratchet strap or built in motor cover and NOTHING!. I have been all over Tracker's site and a few dozen others. Soee I am back to where I was to start with. Asking YOU folks what your using or what you would suggest. Cabelas has several for $119 that everyone says is great but then try to find a fit. Anybody smarter than I am???? :wink:

I had a local upholstery shop make mine out of Sunbrella fabric.

Guaranteed to fit like a glove (since it was patterned from my boat sitting in his shop) with a 10 year warranty on the fabric.

Attachments

• 110_1006.JPG
    110_1006.JPG
    754.5 KB · Views: 642
Quackrstackr said:
I had a local upholstery shop make mine out of Sunbrella fabric.

Guaranteed to fit like a glove (since it was patterned from my boat sitting in his shop) with a 10 year warranty on the fabric.

Alright, I think I am coming to Dale Hollow on Oct. 15 th but not sure yet. any chance I could steal yours if I do make it??? :D And on a serious note, do you mind my asking what your custom cover cost or give me a ball park figure on what I should look at paying!! Not joking about the Rally, looks like I might make it.

I dunnoo Chief.
In all the years I've owned trailer boats, I never ever had a cover for one.
Are you sure you want to fool with such?

What I do is put all the loose stuff in the back of my pickup. At the ramp I transfer it all, put the plugs in and launch.
I never had a cover on purpose. I just dont like fooling with things like that.

You say you spent 7 hours searching on the net? Did you actually pick up the phone and call any of those places to ask????

It wasn't cheap. It was around $500 but for the 10 year warranty and exact fit, I felt that it was worth it.

The ones that you will find online for over $100 are usually a generic fit (as you found out) and most are warrantied for 3 years or less. Most of them don't have a motor cover which would be an additional $50 or so. I tried that route. The "exact fit" didn't fit at all and left a gaping hole to my bilge wide open between the boat and motor covers.

Latest posts