9.9 hp motor on a 10 ft gamefisher?!?!?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenny

Reaction score
Just wondering if I'm the only one that thinks this is a little nutty but my buddy got a good deal on a 9.9 Johnson and is going to use it on his 10 ft gamefisher. He says the boat will handle it fine. Of course we've all seen and heard of people putting bigger motors than they should on their boat, but this sounds a little wild on such a small boat.

Just wondering if anyone has done this with a 10 footer

thanks.

I have a 10 foot Gamefisher.It is only rated for 3.5 hp and 360 pounds motor,persons,and gear.I wouldn't try it,but I am a safety nut.

Hey there...new guy from Wisconsin ...1444 Monark...project ...pictures soon..
Every post I have ever read in any boating / fishing forum regarding running an over HP rated motor on any boat always gets around to the obvious concern of being ticketed by the DNR or worse yet liability concerns if anybody got hurt. Insurance woud deney any claims which could really hurt if the injuries were serious. Just my $0.02

I have a 7.5 hp for my 10'. haven't got it in the water yet, but I've been told that my 7.5 isn't going to be to much because its only got one spark plug. they said its more like 4hp at the prop. :?

I put my 7.5 on my 10 footer, it gets pretty fast pretty quick, and just the slightest steering adjustment happens quick. So I'd say the 9.9 will be pretty scary on a 10 footer.
BE CAREFUL....

Latest posts