New Guy with 1st boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyT

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
Been looking for a jon boat to take my dad fishing for a while but wanted something with a good beam for the greatest stability.
Found this meyers on craigslist today and went ahead and pulled the trigger.https://danville.craigslist.org/boa/1309775295.html
Anyone on site have a meyers? Should be a decent boat according to the specs on their website.
I'll mostly be using it in the local resevoirs and small rivers.
Can't wait to get started on some decking!
Thanks

Bobby

Nice find man! Can't wait to see your progress.

I don't recall any Meyers on here, but I'm sure there's atleast one.. should be a good, wide stable boat

That's sharp... great find! And by the way, welcome to the site. Look forward to your posts!

Thanks for the welcome!
I'll post some pictures when it's delivered on sunday. It was about 150 miles from me but the seller is dropping it off on his way to richmond. Gotta love that free delivery.

You done good !! Looks like a nice find. You'll find a lot of mods for vee's & semi-vees. I started mine but haven't finished yet.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7640

Good luck.

WHen you get her, make sure to extend the bunks to support the entire hull, maybe even an inch past or so, so you don't develop a hook in the hull. Looks sharp!

Well I got the boat on friday night instead of sunday after the sellers plans changed so I was pretty happy about that. It looked as good in person as it did in his photos.
I'm just doing a few basic mods right now so we can get it on the water as soon as possible and will do the rest this winter.
Water test didn't show any leaks and the transom is in good shape as well.
I'll take some pictures when I get started on the decking.

So far I painted the hull OD on the outside and a sandy beige on the inside, both ultra flat. I got 3 swivel seats to mount and dad was so happy to see me get the boat that he went and bought a new minnkota 55# TM other day. I still need to get a battery and life preservers.
I'm planning on doing a deck level with the front seat and just a floor between the other seats. I can deck up to the bottom of the seats and end up with a 47" wide floor.
I'm hoping my front deck will end up looking as good as tunnels.

Only damage I found was the little brace that runs from the bottom of the seat in thr center to the hull was cracked where it makes the 90 turn at the floor. My neighbor used to make orchard machinery before he retired and has a huge machine shop and suppies at my disposal. Today i found an 8' piece of 2" x 1/4" aluminun flat stock that I'll use for replacing the seat braces and some 1.5" x 1/4 angle to make brackets.
I'll take lots of pictures when I get started on the major stuff. Thanks again to everybody responsible for this great site!

I have a 1963 12ft myers. Had a trolling motor on her for a good 3 years worked perfect no leaks or anything everything was great. I bought a 9.9 merc for it and about half a year later she was leaking REALLY REALLY bad. Bought a new boat this winter though im going to see what i can do to stop the leaking.

Myers is a real good boat my personal opion. I just did something stupid and bought a engine to big for it.