new member with 1432

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumped

Reaction score
hi all, i bought my boat last year for $100, its a 1432, i currently dont have a trailer for it, i have been using a small trolling motor and a couple weeks ago i got a 9.9 johnson for $200 and now im really scootin in it........with the trolling motor it didnt leak a bit, but now with the 9.9 the front flexes some and some rivets have started leaking, can i use solder to patch these? i bought some jbweld, but havent used it yet and i just came across alumaloy and it looks basically like solder...also, i plan on putting a low floor in it to try and stabilize it some, and ive looked thru threads but didnt really get a good explanation of what type of screws are being used to hold it down.....thanks, ill try to get pics tomorrow

For the rivets you can try rebucking them and then adding some silicone (3m 5200 is preferred). With the 9.9 the rivets may continue leaking from the flexing of the hull. You want to use stainless steel screws for attaching the floor to the ribs. Don't go too high with the floor that boat will become unstable really quickly. Good luck with the build!!

ordered some HTS 2000, gonna try that, what thickness should i use for the floor?

My old boat is a 12ft myers (1964) that had a mercury 9.9 on it before i put the 9.9 on it it had no leaks so when i first put it on it started leaking a little so i put some jbweld on it that helped for a couple of trips after about half a year the boat was leaking really really bad so i had to get a new boat.

heres a vid from about a month ago with the 9.9 on it, 1st time out with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyWERQyjCs

Latest posts