man its hot in my garage lol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigster60

Reaction score
Okay guys here it goes... I been reading a lot of post on mods for boats ...so i decided i'm going to extend my deck on my xpress 17.5 tin machine... not so much for casting or flipping but i need the storage ... I want to go as light as i can but still be stable since i weigh about 220... i'll post before and after pics when i'm done... got some of the framing done today using 1/8th aluminum strips as base and using 2 by 2's as floor post... I'm no expert by no means but like i said i am trying to not add much weight but still be stable...God be with you all...Jiggy ps.... man its hot in my garage whew i need an air conditioner out there lol

:D Duh...Guess he told me :p I am taking pics as I go along lil embarrassed :oops: about my building qualifications lol,,, will post soon Hopefully... More of a project than I thought also... trying to get by using a lot of scrap materials i have in garage...I'm cheap :D

sounds like me.. you cant argue with free, plus if everything was perfect there would be no room for character.. wich my boat has alot of :roll:

jigster as in the lure or bike?

:lol: The lure been fishing Jigs most my life and my best fish ever came on a black/blue 1/2 oz arkie style jig with uncle josh pork chunk blue(the real stuff)... In 1982 9lbs 6oz on Ky lake ... Have loved em ever since... so i took the alias Jigster lol

Don't look at my messy garage I have actually cleaned it out since these pics were taken :oops: https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/some%20pics%20of%20my%20boat/

The one of the front deck Ya can see why I want to extend it for more storage.. I did add the recess TM tray sure helps my back when I stand I'm old :D ...JIGGY

Looks like a good project. I never heard of Sacramento, KY Jigster and I grew up in Louisville. Around 1980 my Dad got transferred to Owensboro (phone co.) and I traveled between O'boro and Memphis many, many times. Don't quite know how that one slipped by me. Good luck with it and post some more pix as you get things done.

Mike

Welp heres some pics there all not in any order wife wasn't here to upload them for me in order shes the lovely lady in her lil nurse outfit shes the one funding this project :D https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/

So far I have used everything I already had on hand... Not one penny spent out yet...I will have to order some latches figure 2 for Larger hatch and one for hatch that holds tackle... Got one end of Plywood that stands up lil higher than I would like but I know when I add latch to the top it will pull it down... Only expensive I'm gonna have is carpet and latches thinking I can stay under 200 dollars on this extension... Next up is taking it to lake and see how she does on water I haven't got the top of the deck screwed in completely cause i wanna take the top off to water proof the wood then carpet it and make any minor lil cuts i have to make to make sure it fits snuggly... the Framing is solid as a rock...I have only cut my fingers twice so far thats really good for me :D ....JIGGY

Here's my new tackle hatch turned out nice everything fit real snug...even had a lil tray added on left side of hatch... https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/new%20tackle%20hatch/?albumview=slideshow..... and i only got 2 cut fingers so far :lol: ....JIGGY

Welp took it lake today love the new room on casting deck....Love all the new storage area...decK held up under my weight with no problems at i FIshed off it for 6 hrs today.... Now here is the part you guys gonna laugh at... Just call me ole dumb@&3^($...Could not get motor to start would crank but would not turn over...took cover of and looked all the wiring everything good pulled motor end up into real shallow water and changed plugs ( I always carry a new set of plugs in tool box)nothing.. So I decide well looks like a job for the merc mechanic and went on fishing... Caught 2 keepers bunch of dinks... On the way home in truck I think to myself self what could I have missed since the motor had a yearly check up not 2 mos. ago( by now some you guys done figured out what I didn't check I bet) ... Yup when I put my life vest in MY NEW HATCH :oops:it had the kill switch attached to it ... put that sucker back on pushed up run switch applied muff to motor turned water on and the sucker fired 1st crank :oops: :oops: :oops: Yup just call me ole dumb@&%8*^... JIGGY

Total cost $25.00 for Perko latches... $2.95 for hose connector the lil white thingy you'll see in pics ...I put seat in it when I'm running so I can see ahead of me good...I had all the other materials on hand already...Sorry about the pics ...Cheap camera and Cheap camera guy :D >>> you can't see it good from pics i also added a step on it to step up on deck from drivers seat.. got it all carpeted also wif the black carpet...Reason for black carpet I had it available and it looks pretty good with gray I'm thinking.. and besides the whole boat gonna need new carpet in couple yrs anyways...So here it is... https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/finished%20product/

Hope ya don't mind a dirty boat I fish ALOT :wink: ...i'LL clean it up someday before winter :D ... Took pics in direct sunlite Camera not the best ... Looks like only one piano latch but there is 2 ya can see pLain in person one on right must be a fraction higher... Oh well I'm happy with it JIGGY https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/my%20boat/

Latest posts