16' Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeseeker09

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just purchased a 16' mirrocraft that has just 3 bench seats in it.. I'm asking you guys on some advice on whether or not i should cut the center seat out because of the structure of the boat... I've got mixed opinions from other guys but you guys seem to know what your talking about... I want to put a floor in it too and also a livewell... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

Post some pictures when you get a chance. Is the seat also used for strength and structure or is it just hanging there?

the center seat is used for structure but the boat only has a 25 horse evinrude on it..... I will post pictures when i get them but the boat pretty much looks like a giant row boat

my 1974 14 mirrocraft deep fisherman has 3 benches and a small bow bench. When I pulled them all out to replace the wood, it lost some of its shape, got wider maybe 1-2"... certainly a well built boat -but I decided to leave the bench in as I didn't want any flexing and leaks in the rivets down the road...

eyeseeker09 said:
the center seat is used for structure but the boat only has a 25 horse evinrude on it

That statement is bad news. If it will change the structural integrity even a little bit, leave it alone, or find another way to support it.

Latest posts