Meet the USS Clarence.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Ok, after several weeks of paintsakingly replacing rivets, welding holes, and other boat "to dos" I have come accross a boat that better suits me and one that reuiqres a lot less work.

Last night I drove 223.7 miles to Dayton TX and picked up my new boat. It is a 1982 Alumicraft 17 ft long 72 inch beam 48 inch floor side console boat. It has a 75 hp Chrysler motor that crank up easy and ran pretty smoth. Came with Eagle depth/fish finder, factory live wells (3). two dry storage under seats, four auxillary fishing lights, running lights, spare tire, and about a spinnerbait in the floor. This gentlemans wife listed it for $600. I could't get there fast enough )after my last litlle CL debacle). And I left the same way tiltle to boat, motor, and trailer!! :D

3 minor issues, or at least to me. The power tilit and trim is finicky, I belives it is just a wireing issue as it works / dont work/ works /dont work etc. The other is a tree fell onto the bow where the modv nose is and left a decent size dent and crack a weld a few inches down. And lastly the small steps that are welded to the fenders are a little weak. Here are some pictures of my god fortun. It a little dirty, but th seats aren't bad and overall she a beauty.

IMG0029300001.jpg

IMG0029700001.jpg

IMG00294.jpg

IMG00288.jpg

IMG0028700000.jpg

IMG00298.jpg

IMG0029600001.jpg

And all of this happend yesterday, which was my my B-DAY. The big 33, my wife lucky number. It was jujst meant to be. :lol:

****, what a deal, clean it up, smooth out the wrinkles in the nose and have a good welder fix it properly, not like the previous owners of my boat did :x No modding necessary either it looks, just the little tweaks to make it yours, great find.

Wow... that's a good one! Way to go and congrats! A little work and she should be as good as new.

:shock: That was a super deal!
Gotta love craigslist, deals like that make it worth all the hassle.

:shock:

Dude....that is one serious find! Hope you have many great years of fishing in it and when your ready to dump it I'm sure you will get your money back pretty easy. :wink:

Happy belated birthday!
Bufford

=D>

Loggerhead Mike - I was thinking of putting in on there, I think I can make it work. Gonna start working on the nose on saturday. Can't wait. :lol:

Well, a lot has happened since my lasy post. The company I work for is selling out so I have been job hunting somthing firece. Got the bow about half way fixed. I have been fishing it often since I have some time on my hands. Gonna take it to a welder this week and wrap it up. Then, if things don't turn around I'll be putting it back up for sale. I am optimistic though. I hope it doesn't come to that.

It also looks like that rig has some "custom adjustable ballast" to allow you to fine tune weight distribution.

Yes!! the spare tire is what I am talking about. :LOL2:

Nevillizer said:
Well, a lot has happened since my lasy post. The company I work for is selling out so I have been job hunting somthing firece. Got the bow about half way fixed. I have been fishing it often since I have some time on my hands. Gonna take it to a welder this week and wrap it up. Then, if things don't turn around I'll be putting it back up for sale. I am optimistic though. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Hope the job situation works out soon, and it will.
Enjoy your boat.

Ok Finally got back up on my feet. Thanks for the well wishes. In my absence I have repaired the busted welds and re-enforced the front deck with aluminum diamond plate. New tilt and trim motor. Relocated the batter box. And a remote spotlight. Need to go out fishing soon.

Glad to hear all is well.. hopefully this thrill of essentially stealing that boat kept you in good spirits :lol:

I still cant believe that deal!

Latest posts