New guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishfan

Reaction score
Pondering an '81 lowe 1436 for $350. Looks in good shape. No trailer, already had one from previous boat. This boat is stout. My only concern, will this be steady enough with my 6 yr old boy?. I don't plan on building high decks, just a flat floor and using the bench seats.

Jim said:
:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! :beer:
It should be perfect with what you plan to do to it. What types of water do you fish most of the time?

Probably just some local lakes and maybe a smaller river once in a while. I have a 40lb bow mount trolling motor and a 6hp merc to push it. Don't want to chance it on a larger river.

irishfan said:
Jim said:
:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! :beer:
It should be perfect with what you plan to do to it. What types of water do you fish most of the time?

Probably just some local lakes and maybe a smaller river once in a while. I have a 40lb bow mount trolling motor and a 6hp merc to push it. Don't want to chance it on a larger river.

Another Pa person - Are you a smallmouth fishermen?

Captain Ahab, used to before the boys came along. Have done little or no fishing in 6 years. Going to get back into it since my 6 yr old is interested. I usually just went wading in the susky up around Dauphin, pa.

Just got home and unloaded it from the post buy test drive, no leaks and fairly steady. No dancin the jig in it though. My son will just have to live with sitting. $350 included swivel seats, oars and an anchor.

Latest posts