Seating Capacity

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbo

Reaction score
I have a 1960 Eldocraft Jon Boat 14' with 5' width. I was recently stopped on a lake by the game warden and warned that I must post seating capacity on a plate in the boat. Does anyone know if it is 3 or 4? (I hope 4).

Where is your location?

i would think if your boat is a 60's model and didnt come with a capacity plate your grandfatherd in and dont have to have it, but you should call your local dnr and ask them to be certain

On my other favorite website (lakelink.com) for Wisconsin...

Check the capacity plate on the boat. Motorboats less than 26 feet in length and manufactured between January 1966 and November 1972 are required to have a capacity plate. All motorboats less than 21 feet in length manufactured after November 1, 1972 are required to have a capacity plate.

The capacity plate contains information regarding maximum horsepower, maximum passengers, and maximum load limit (in pounds) for the boat. Check the horsepower of the motor mounted on the boat against the maximum allowed on the capacity plate. Regardless of the size of the boat, the horsepower of the motor may not exceed the maximum allowed on the capacity plate for legal operation in Wisconsin.

I do not know about other states regulations.

Hope this helps....

Monarkman said:
On my other favorite website (lakelink.com) for Wisconsin...

Check the capacity plate on the boat. Motorboats less than 26 feet in length and manufactured between January 1966 and November 1972 are required to have a capacity plate. All motorboats less than 21 feet in length manufactured after November 1, 1972 are required to have a capacity plate.

The capacity plate contains information regarding maximum horsepower, maximum passengers, and maximum load limit (in pounds) for the boat. Check the horsepower of the motor mounted on the boat against the maximum allowed on the capacity plate. Regardless of the size of the boat, the horsepower of the motor may not exceed the maximum allowed on the capacity plate for legal operation in Wisconsin.

I do not know about other states regulations.

Hope this helps....

I've done some shopping on lake-link! :beer:

Latest posts