Get Five Lures Welcome To Tinboats.net Give Away

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
Get Five Lures. Its a name that encompasses the notion of being the best you can be and getting the most out of your fishing experience. It's a company I started to fulfill a dream... and this is so much more than just a money making venture for me. We're hoping to change the industry from the ground up by creating innovative and unique designs (no knock offs here!) and by having a dedicated corporate philosophy of giving back and supporting our community. We want to lead by example when we say, "Be Great On AND OFF the Water".

With that in mind, I wanted to do a little give away here on the forum. To enter, all you have to do is respond to this thread between now and Friday, January 28, 2011 with what "Be Great On and Off the Water" means to you. We will randomly select five people from those who respond and send them a free pack of baits in their choice of color.

Thanks again for your great support of Get Five!

Tight lines,
Andrew

Great contest Andrew...and welcome to TinBoats.

Be Great On and Off the Water: (What it means to me)
By Chris/Fender66

Seriously.....I can't say it any better than Johann Sebastian Bach did (adding my own little twist to it)

"The aim and final end of all men, (both on and off the water) should be none other than for the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul"

Thanks for your sponsorship - and great GREAT contest idea

will figure out what this means to me and post up in a bit

Thanks for being a sponsor of the site.

"Be Great On and Off the Water"

Make the most of your time off the water to prepare you for time on the water.

First of all, thanks for sponsoring.

To me being great on AND OFF the water means being conscious of the community, and when I say "community" I mean the fish, the lake, the anglers and everything that goes into making them all work together. This doesn't just mean making sure you don't play a fish to exhaustion or making sure you get it back in the water as soon as possible. It doesn't just mean having a pair of wire cutters handy to snip a hook if a fish is snagged badly. It doesn't just mean downsizing your rods and reels and donating a few to the local thrift store. It doesn't just mean helping that nice older gentlemen you see every summer at the lake load up his boat if he's having trouble. To me it's all of those things and more. It's not just carrying a positive and helpful attitude, it's perpetuating it.

I guess that's my two cents.

"Be Great On And Off The Water"

To me that means to always put your best foot forward no matter what the task. When we're fishing we will do anyting to try to get that big bite, from waking up before the sun to ensuring we have the best tackle. Why should anything else we do be diffrent.

Thank Andrew and thanks for being a sponsor. Would have to say what it means to me is: Honor God in everything that you do and say, not just during the good times but also during the bad times.

Nice contest.

Be Great on and off the Water.

I cannot discern between the two. I do not think you can be great on one and not the other. I personally believe that morality and lawfulness is practiced at all times. I attempt to be that absolute best healthcare worker I can be, and I hold the same princples true as a sportsman. This is not a saying, to me this is the culture I strive for.

Wow - some many heartfelt responses.

For me, being great on and off the water means giving it 110 percent and remaining true to my personal morals. Just as in life you can cheat to catch fish but who are you really cheating and who is the real winner and looser? I like to live life and fish so that I can sleep each night with a clear conscious.

Nice contest!!!

"Be Great On And Off The Water"

Having God, Family, Friends & Fishing (in that order of importance) in your life.

The Boy Scout Law says it all for me, to those who arent familar with it here goes, A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. (Practice on and off the water).

Be great on and off the water
Similar to treat others the way you want to be treated. When I bass fish I respect the fish as much as possible. Quick landings, clean livewell, fast weigh in, etc. Kinda like you want people to be upfront, not beat around the bush, honest and respectful to you in all things you encounter.

Thank you for being a sponsor at this great site. =D>

Life thrives on honesty, honor, faithful protection and unselfish performance. Life cannot survive without these ideals.

Hi Andrew..
be great on and off the water.
much has been said, all of which is truely wonderful and I agree with it all. To me what that statement means is in fact all of those things but truely felt inside ones self..an example I telll my fishing partners when we wave at another boater of fisherman. That wave sends a message of good will...I then challenge them to wave from behind the wheel of their car...same message but for some reason much harder to be heart felt. Try it and you'll see what I mean
Peace
ron

Awesome responses guys! Keep them coming and be sure to read what others wrote... maybe greatness can be contagious! The examples we set today can define how others act tomorrow.

Thanks for your sponsorship of this site.
what "Be Great On and Off the Water" means to me is to do the best that I can do to raise my kids the best that I can to be good christians and to learn to be the best that they can be. and to also be a father that they look up to.

Being greta on and off the water:

To me is enjoying nature to its fullest, and leaving your special place as clean or cleaner than when you arrived, so that future generations can share the same experience as you are now!
Jeff

To paraphrase Abe Lincoln:

Make the things you do when no one is watching be the same as if the whole world was watching.

"Be Great On and Off the Water"

Treat others how you want to be treated no matter where we are. Whether we are fisherman with tin boats or tournament bass rigs.. whether we drive a beat up truck or a mercedes... a smile and a hello can go a long way. I'm kind of rambling i suppose, but thats how i roll.

Latest posts