Crappy Cameras!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Whats up with these stupid camera? I bought the Cannon A590 to replace a piece of crap Kodak and now the cannons lens wont come out. ???????? a message comes up saying lens error restart camera, apparently this is a common problem, I dont have the receipt. I changed batteries, smacked the bottom of the camera with the palm of my hand, now the lens comes out but it clicks, it also clicks when I use the zoom, I guess I'll keep using it till the problem happens again, PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!

Thanks Mr. WW.

Yes that is the culprit!

I also have the same problem with the short battery life, if I take 3 pictures and go to use the camera 2 days later, I'd have to put new batteries in it. When I first downloaded pictures it would kill the bats right away I had to buy a down loader thing.

I googled the camera and typed in lens error, according to customers this is a common problem and would cost more to fix than the camera is worth, this is where I got the idea to hit the camera on the palm of my hand. LOL just my luck.

Sucks about your camera, those piont and shoot dudes tend to be a bit under built for any one but granny. You might have luck getting the repair covered by canon, They are pretty good about repair/replacement.However their hourly work rate is wow, I wish I made that an hour. If you abuse your gear like most of us maybe when replacement time comes around you should look for a used digital slr with a kit lense, Might spend a little more but my little canon xti has been droped smashed swimming and tossed and is still kicking. I think it just rolled over to 25k clicks, Had the shutter replaced once but warranty covered it. Another thought is pentex just relesed a abuser friendly camera called the w90,Take a gander at it. A little over 300 chips but it gets you 12+ meg, water proof to 20 foot, and shock proof to 4foot. I want one for my ddp but wife would skin my head. Hopewhat ever ya do it works out for you.

I've had about 7 different pocket size cannon camera's over the past 6 years and everyone of them at some point got a lens error. Only once did I have to send it back to canon for repair. I have to say that canon did an awesome job fixing the camera. Not only did they fix the lens jam, they replaced the lens with a new one and I had a slight scratch on the screen and they replaced the entire screen.

Canons have lens issues. I had a 5 year old Canon that was terrific until the lens jammed halfway out about 3 years ago. Checked with Canon and they offered to replace the camera for $100 (it was $130 new). I thanked them, hung up and started pushing and pulling on the lens. I now use a new Canon for my photographic needs. :LOL2:

Good luck Mr. 'moo.

Maybe it time to switch to Nikon! I can't speek for the Nikon point and shoot but my D40X and and my D300 I never had any problems with them. But then again they do cost a bit more then a point and shoot. Sometimes camera has updates to the firm wear( or what ever it called) and that may fix the problem.

Latest posts