City Park Water Fowl

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Snapped this one while at city park this morning:

waterfowl1-Copy.jpg

(Nikkor AF - VR 55-200mm, lens hood attached, rotating polarizer filter)

Thanks, Mark. There was quite a large flock of them on the bank, and unfortunately I did the shots with the sun behind them. Everytime I tried to get around the other side of them, where the sun would be shining on them, they would run to the water. So, I took what I had to work with :)

Waterwings said:
Everytime I tried to get around the other side of them, where the sun would be shining on them, they would run to the water.

Suprised to hear they're still running. Most geese should be done molting by now & flying more. Unless they're just used to a lot of human interaction I'm guessing?

bassassassin8 said:
Waterwings said:
Everytime I tried to get around the other side of them, where the sun would be shining on them, they would run to the water.

Suprised to hear they're still running. Most geese should be done molting by now & flying more. Unless they're just used to a lot of human interaction I'm guessing?

You're probably right, as there's usually a bunch of them around the park.

The geese we have down at my boat club will let me walk right up to them. They pretty much know me by now :LOL2: from being down there all the time. They can fly their just are used to me. I seen other people try and walk up to them and they either fly away or run away. Now come Sep.1 they won't let me get near them. The PA game Comm. sends the them them the season dates. :LOL2:

Waterfowler said:
The geese we have down at my boat club will let me walk right up to them. They pretty much know me by now :LOL2: from being down there all the time. They can fly their just are used to me. I seen other people try and walk up to them and they either fly away or run away. Now come Sep.1 they won't let me get near them. The PA game Comm. sends the them them the season dates. :LOL2:

Good thing you got that new lens so you don't have to get as close to them now. :wink:

Yeah Mark these geese must really like city parks, our city park is full of them. And you're right, if you just sit in the grass next to the group they can become very friendly.

Latest posts