Wasps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
My wife showed me something outside, it was a wasp nest on our rain spout
shamoo245.jpg

After a midnight raid (wasp spray) I returned to gather my kills
shamoo249.jpg

They had on their warpaint
shamoo251.jpg

I found their nursery, those cream color looking things are larve, they were wiggling
shamoo246.jpg

That anit wasp them is hornets much more meaner.Good thing you got rid of them early.

caveman said:
That anit wasp them is hornets much more meaner.Good thing you got rid of them early.
Wow!! Did not know that, thanks Caveman, man I forgot all about hornets.

I got stung by one of them suckers on Saturday. He got me right on the side of my thumb....

Cool pics there Mr. Moo

I've got a coworker who has the same nest (only a little bigger) on the side of his house - except that it's eye level and hanging on a branch.

he wants to know what you used to kill them, and if you sprayed the whole nest or just the opening.
His biggest concern is the nest itself - he wants to preserve it, so he doesn't want the spray to damage it.

I told him to wait until the fall when they all die off, but it's really at a bad spot.

He also said there is one hornet sitting in the whole staring at him every time he goes to check it out....

russ010 said:
He also said there is one hornet sitting in the whole staring at him every time he goes to check it out....

How is it that they always seem to have one standing guard and staring at you! I've noticed that too.

I'm not one to preserve the nests. If it's not on my house....I'd hit it with a flame thrower.

well... I can tell you from personal experience to never shoot one with a .22 rifle..... I was about 50 yards from one, shot it and about 5 sec later I was laying on my back thinking I had been kicked in the head by a donkey. He hit me right between the eyes - he must have followed the bullet trail to come back and hit me

Oddly enough it is in the wasp family but called a bold faced hornet. Hornets are usually solitary. Their sting is somethin else, one got me the other day in the back of the head cutting grass. Their larva make awesome fishbait as do most wasp larva just a little tricky to get em.

Latest posts