Rainbow Lake Breached Dam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
shamoo260.jpg

THIS IS TO THE RIGHT OF THE SIGN
shamoo257.jpg

THIS IS TO THE LEFT OF THE SIGN
shamoo261.jpg

DAM AND ROAD DESTROYED
shamoo259.jpg

Wow...I don't know what to really say other than I hope no one was hurt when all the water went rushing out.

thudpucker said:
What caused the Dam to let go?

Get out there and start hunting arrow heads.

The heck with arrow heads, I'm thinking snagged lures. :lol:

This happened a few years ago in April when we had a real bad nor'easter roll through. Moo put em up to show why there are submerged trees now in the lake from my report. I think for six weeks the lake was like this & the past couple years the lake's been on it's way back to what it was before this happened. The quality of fish I feel are certainly getting better.

And BTW, that pic of Rainbow Lake you have is not the same Rainbow lake as this. It's a fairly small electric only puddle.

Nice pictures...thanks for them.
Would of been a great time to dig around your wharf to make a nice deep spot.
Hope no one got hurt...

June 2008 this happened in Wisconsin - Lake Delton at Wisconsin Dells WI.

News article...https://www3.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=760060

Video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bVsSWXG-I

If you watch close, abot 34 seconds into the video some lost their pontoon boat....with cover on...

Outdoorsman.

The Dells is about 20 minutes away from me, that was a pretty crazy time for this area. We had 10-12 inches of rain in 2 days and there was some pretty good flooding almost everywhere. Our basement even got flooded and because we weren't in a "flood basin" we couldn't get anything from our homeowner's insurance. But the system does work once in a while and FEMA covered our new water heater and funace.
Anyway, back to the Dells dam. I guess that they didn't open it up an more than normal throughout the weekend that we had all that rain. The ground was so saturated that it finally gave at the weakest point and washed a road and some houses out, the dam never gave. I have some pictures of the area and the empty lake around somewhere, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Latest posts