Asphalt running track lanes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Messing around yesterday looking for a shot for another contest (theme is Vanishing Point), and came up with this:

asphalttracklanes-Copy2.jpg

OK WaterWings you never ever get a bad shot even of a track!!!!!! :LOL2:

Great eye.

Thanks, Mike. I deleted about 15 shots of that track from the camera this morning. I snapped that many (different angles/viewpoints) hoping to get one to process. Sometimes I have no luck with any of them, lol.

Here's the surviving shot of many, of the bleachers I took the same day. Worked on this one for about 30 minutes due to rotating, cropping, and all the other stuff. I'm still not satisfied with it, but will have to live with it, lol.

bleachers perspective - Copy (2).jpg

Here's a resized copy of the original:
Bleachers perspective original - Copy.jpg

Right as i said you are good at PP
I hope that i will also get as good as you,no i want my pics to look like that with out PP WORK :LOL2:

Just a dream :roll:

For the bi-weekly challenges, such as the track shot is entered in, you're only allowed to use minimal "tools", such as rotation, cropping, curves, levels, and sharpening. The bi-weekly events alway have a theme, with this one being Vanishing Point.

The monthly events have a different standard for the rules: (copied from the site)

You may:

use any feature of your camera while photographing your entry.

combine multiple photographs to produce your entry. All additional photographs must be taken by you after the challenge is announced with a digital camera that records EXIF data.

use images that do not meet the source or date requirements as textures in your entry if they function specifically as textures and not to circumvent other rules.

apply a full range of editing tools to all or part of your entry.

use layers, layer masks, and alternative layer modes.

add a border to the outside edge of your entry.

use RAW conversion software.

include existing images or artwork as part of your composition as long as the entry does not appear to consist entirely of a pre-existing photograph in order to circumvent date or editing rules or fool the voters into thinking you actually captured the original photograph.

You may not:

submit more than two enteries per challenge.

use the same original image in more than one challenge.

add graphics or clip art images to your entry or its border during editing.

add text or any legible characters to your entry or its border during editing. This includes copyright statements.

Here's a link to the current monthly entries so far for August. Monthly events are normally an "open" challenge, with no theme required.

https://www.photozo.com/album/showgallery.php?cat=8350

Wow.

With the new photoshop type programs, you can make a photo taken by an infant look like one taken by a professional. :lol:

What the new editing softwares can do and the ease at which they do it boggles my mind. Don't want that car there? Rub the cursor over it and it will disappear... but not only will it disappear, the softare can pretty well figure out by the rest of the photo what it should look like where the car was sitting. :shock:

yep, the photoshop gurus out there can really do some magic with it. I'm in the very young infancy stage (a very steep learning curve for me), and use Gimp, which is a free program. The new Lightroom 3 that just came out by Adobe runs around $299 :shock: . I'll be sticking with the free stuff, lol.

Quackrstackr said:
Wow.

With the new photoshop type programs, you can make a photo taken by an infant look like one taken by a professional. :lol:

What the new editing softwares can do and the ease at which they do it boggles my mind. Don't want that car there? Rub the cursor over it and it will disappear... but not only will it disappear, the softare can pretty well figure out by the rest of the photo what it should look like where the car was sitting. :shock:

Having sold photo's strait out of the camera with no photoshop or edit time, you get really good at taking photo's and having them come out really well. I really hate photoshop even though it has saved a few good photo's.

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
Quackrstackr said:
Wow.
I really hate photoshop even though it has saved a few good photo's.

Being one of the few that do have CS5 Master and run it daily as a professional.....I couldn't live without it. I've been behind the camera for 26 years and running photoshop for more than half those years. In advertising today, you can't survive without it.

Photo contest are a different story....at least for me. Unless I'm entering a contest where the rules clearly state you can use photo editing tools to ANY extent....I don't use editing tools. I don't think it's fair for those that don't have the skills, or software. It clearly makes a competition unfair. Cropping, rotating, even levels to a small extent...okay. I actually color correct (by neutralizing the whites/greys in a curve) in all my photos because my camera shoots everything with a very cool bias. It's a standard curve I've created that applies a correction to every photo with the exact same adjustment, and ONLY brings color values back to "neutral" instead of the blue bias I get. It does not enhance any color to more than it actually was in real life.

I will use filters on the camera and like to experiment with those....especially during long exposures. Unfortunately, my passion for taking photos for "fun" kind of left years ago. Until I joined this site, I hadn't shot a "specific photo" for a photo contest in probably 6 or 8 years. You guys/this forum has actually given me a little boost and encouragement and put a little fun back into it. For that...thanks!

I just got a email the other day if you have Photoshop Elements 8 you can get Photoshop CS5 for $300 dollars....$400 dollars off I was think about getting it. I was also thinking about going to School for Photography and that one of the programs you need for the Classes I was think about taking.

Waterfowler said:
I just got a email the other day if you have Photoshop Elements 8 you can get Photoshop CS5 for $300 dollars....$400 dollars off I was think about getting it. I was also thinking about going to School for Photography and that one of the programs you need for the Classes I was think about taking.

That price (if I'm guessing) is for the student version. Be careful of student version software....when it's time to uprade....you can't without buying the whole version of the new release. Not sure if PS works that way, but a lot of software does.

Waterfowler said:

Waterfowler, I just enrolled in a class that starts next month,one night a week for 8 weeks and 2 sat trips cann't wate to get started.
As for photo shop i need to take this class plus one more,then i can take class in that as well as others.
For Photograpy Certificate.It is all just about learning/fun for me.

fender66 said:
Waterfowler said:

That price (if I'm guessing) is for the student version. Be careful of student version software....when it's time to uprade....you can't without buying the whole version of the new release. Not sure if PS works that way, but a lot of software does.

No its not the students Version. It CS5 Standard Version. Here what the email said....Buy now for just US$299 and save US$400 off the standard price — exclusively for Photoshop Elements owners...... But thanks for Looking out for me.

caveman said:
Waterfowler said:

Waterfowler, I just enrolled in a class that starts next month,one night a week for 8 weeks and 2 sat trips cann't wate to get started.
As for photo shop i need to take this class plus one more,then i can take class in that as well as others.
For Photograpy Certificate.It is all just about learning/fun for me.

Good luck with it hope you learn a lot.

I also just enrolled into a course but its a full Photography Degree. I got layed off back in May and wanted to try something new. Here the link to the Online School I will be going to...https://www.aionline.edu/degrees/photography/ I really don't want to go back to the wearhouse work and thats all I know. I thought I would try something that I love to do and maybe I can find work in that field.

caveman said:
Google CS5 Master

2000.00 :shock: :shock:
who has that cash not me

Yeah, it's pricey. We use the CS3 Master Collection and to upgrade (just the upgrade) is $895.

Latest posts