Do you see what I see?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihavenoideawhattoput

Reaction score
4926379854_ffcce43dfb_z.jpg

I see it and man are they beautiful, but I'm a snake guy too...I know I'm weird! This is me: https://www.reptileshed.com
I used to catch these (looks like a smooth green snake) and keep them for a while. Most of them do well on crickets and will take them readily if kept properly in an aquarium.

Troutman3000 said:
Quite a collection you got fender. Im not deathly afraid like most folks but Im not a fan either.

Most fears come from lack of knowing. Most can be overcome....most.

i had a pair of true chameleons that laid eggs a few years ago they were cool. I am getting back into fish breeding and hope to have some baby Cory cats soon.
I have breed angelfish and kribs but the cats will be new to me next on the list will be plecos

fender66 said:
Troutman3000 said:
Quite a collection you got fender. Im not deathly afraid like most folks but Im not a fan either.

The wife to be has only passed gas once in my presence in the last 7 years, that one time was when I got her to hold a small ball python.

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
fender66 said:
Troutman3000 said:

The wife to be has only passed gas once in my presence in the last 7 years, that one time was when I got her to hold a small ball python.

My wife that is...does that every chance she gets.....or so it seems. :shock: #-o

That is what you call camouflage. A cricket would never know he was there until it was too late. Pretty cool snake.

I like snakes also. I used to play with them all the time when I was little. I did get bit by a copperhead one time when I was 15. Actually it was more of a scratch. My father was holding his head down with a stick and I reached down to pick him up. He wiggled free and struck at me. I snatched my hand back but he managed to catch me on the tip of my middle finger. He didn't manage to get his fang penetrated into my finger to inject any venom. All it did was leave a scratch about a half inch long. My father told me that would teach me not to trust anyone. When we arrived back home we called the doctor and he told us to keep an eye on it. He told us that copperheads do not usually inject much venom or inject a lot of venom unless you keep harassing them.

KMixson said:
That is what you call camouflage. A cricket would never know he was there until it was too late. Pretty cool snake.

I like snakes also. I used to play with them all the time when I was little. I did get bit by a copperhead one time when I was 15. Actually it was more of a scratch. My father was holding his head down with a stick and I reached down to pick him up. He wiggled free and struck at me. I snatched my hand back but he managed to catch me on the tip of my middle finger. He didn't manage to get his fang penetrated into my finger to inject any venom. All it did was leave a scratch about a half inch long. My father told me that would teach me not to trust anyone. When we arrived back home we called the doctor and he told us to keep an eye on it. He told us that copperheads do not usually inject much venom or inject a lot of venom unless you keep harassing them.

Actually...even though this is off topic...copperheads can inject plenty of venom. A venomous bite always has many factors to it to determine it's severity. Thinks like, when did the snake eat last. That will determine how long it's had to regenerate and fill it's venom glands. Size of the snake, and how long the bite held on as well as location of the bite. Fortunately....copperheads are less "toxic" than many other venomous snakes. My friend's dog actually was bit in the nose just 2 days ago by a copperhead. (I positively identified the snake). She swelled up a whole lot, but was only treated with painkiller, anti inflamitory, and Benadril for the itching. She was fine the next morning other than now she doesn't want to go out in the back yard.

Latest posts