I went to the drags again. Lots of pics. (More added)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
Well guys its been a hot busy summer, I haven't been on here much lately since fishing this summer has been out of the question cause the heat has been insane. Any way made my annual trip to Asbury, Mo. last weekend to The HAMB Drags, wound up being a 800 mile trip all total and I took some 900 pics all together, here are some of my favorites.

Chute%20Packer%20small.jpg

Red%20T.jpg

56%20Small.jpg

Big%20Olds%20Small.jpg

Double%20nickel%20small%20.jpg

HAMB%20Roadster%20small.jpg

G3_Guy said:
Great Shots! Thanks for sharing! What type of Camera were these shot with?

These were shot with a Canon T1i and a 70-200 F4.0 L series Canon lens. All borrowed. LOL I'm saving my pennies for one now. I usually shoot with a Rebel XT. I love the T1i compared to my XT.

Oh and thanks for the compliments guys. I love taking them so I hope somebody enjoys looking at them.

Waterwings said:
Great shots, and really like the close-cropped ones of the front ends and rear ends of the cars.

Those were the artsy fartsy shots I was going for. LOL Oddly those are the ones that aren't cropped at all.

S&MFISH said:
Thanks Codeman. Those cars bring back childhood memories.All the time I spent at St. Louis International,Alton Dragway,and Mid-America Raceway when I was a kid in the '60s and early '70s.

Well I know Mid America is gone and if you want another piece of Gateway, you better do it this season cause it don't look good from here on out, no more NASCAR or NHRA next year, same thing they did to Memphis last year and its a weed patch now. I'd really like to voice my displeasure about the way Dover Entertainment has destroyed 2 world class tracks but this is a PG rated site. :evil:

Codeman said:
S&MFISH said:
Thanks Codeman. Those cars bring back childhood memories.All the time I spent at St. Louis International,Alton Dragway,and Mid-America Raceway when I was a kid in the '60s and early '70s.

Well I know Mid America is gone and if you want another piece of Gateway, you better do it this season cause it don't look good from here on out, no more NASCAR or NHRA next year, same thing they did to Memphis last year and its a weed patch now. I'd really like to voice my displeasure about the way Dover Entertainment has destroyed 2 world class tracks but this is a PG rated site. :evil:

I knew about NASCAR,but I was unaware of the NHRA.That sucks big time. For you info,Alton Dragway was owned buy the same guys who owned Storyland Mobile Homes.Back in the mid '70s they figured to make more $$$ if they turned the raceway into a Mobile Home Community,so that is what they did.The dragstrip was turned into the main road in the trailerpark.**** shame,I never got to race there.I did get to race at Mid-America,St.Louis International and I-55 Raceway,before they shut down the strip(safety reasons,too short in the shutdown).Those were the good ole days.

Latest posts