New camera

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hossthehermit

Reaction score
Wife is going on vacation for a couple weeks next month, going to be taking the camera with her. That means I gotta get a new one and break it in while she's gone. Looking at a point and shoot superzoom, pretty much narrowed it down to the Pentax x90 or Fuji 1800. Any thoughts?

Get the one that has the faster response time in my opinion. Some cameras(The cheapies) take a few seconds to take the picture after you press the button. Others are more instantaneous. That I find is the most annoying thing.

My wife dropped her canon so I had to get a replacement. I thought I was buying a great camera and got her a sony. It is a nice camera, super zoom.

We find that we miss allot of shots because it takes forever to take the picture after you press the button. :x

I'm not real familiar with all of the p&s cameras out there right now, but what Jim mentions would play a big factor in a purchase for me. Get a decent megapixel, zoom capability, and a removeable memory card. Battery life is real important also.

Here's a link to a new release that has lots of features: https://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10090903pentaxrz10.asp

As with anything, what you want to pay depends on what features you get.

Jim said:
Get the one that has the faster response time in my opinion. Some cameras(The cheapies) take a few seconds to take the picture after you press the button. Others are more instantaneous. That I find is the most annoying thing.

I purchased a Kodak 12MP camera that I thought was doing the same thing. I took it on the Dale Hollow trip with me. I found out after you take the first picture, if you press the shutter button partially after taking a picture that it would be ready for the next one without having to wait on it. That made it much better than I though it was going to be.

I believe that sometimes the "fastness" or the "slowness" of a camera's speed is related to how fast it can "write" one image after another to the memory card, as in fps (frames per second). My Nikon D3000 dslr can only do 3 fps. Another factor concerning speed also deals with the flash unit, and how fast it can "recharge" for the next shot.

Well, ordered the Fuji 1800 yesterday, should be here next week. I'll let ya know how it works out. Gotta get a shot for this month's contest

Latest posts