Card problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hossthehermit

Reaction score
So, my new camera got here Thursday, put in a spare 1 gig card that I had (Sandisk) The new 4 gig Fujifilm card that I had ordered came in Saturday, so swapped them out. The new card will play back on the camera, but won't download to my computer. The old card worked fine both ways. Any ideas? Am I overlooking something real simple?

I do not know all the specifics but it seems that a High Capacity(HC) SD card will not work on some older computers. Is the 4GB card a high capacity card? How old is the computer? That may be the problem. Someone else here may be able to help better than I can. Good luck with it.

Could be what KMixxon mentioned above, but I'm thinking maybe the card has the "lock" button (little slide thingy on the side of the card) in the lock position perhaps? Check to see if it's in the lock position. If so, slide it the opposite direction and see if that helps.

Thanks for the input guys, seems like it may be 'cuz it's a 4 gig card, plugged the camera into the computer and did it that way, works okay that way, just kinda a pain. I'll get some pics on from it in the next few days. Thanks again.

Latest posts