November 2010 Photo Contest Winner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

November 2010 Photo Contest Voting OPEN

• dixie boysles

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • fish devil

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • fender66

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Codeman

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • BaitCaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hossthehermit

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • lbursell

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
392441826.jpg

here is mine for right now. may change it to the one in my house

I took my photo yesterday...I'll have one posted soon.

EDIT: I don't like it, but I'm keeping my word. Here's mine from Sunday on the water.

Attachments

• rod strap.jpg
    rod strap.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 1,864
Hopefully I can try a couple different shots, it's a hard place to get the lighting good, or really see much of the rods, in the cellar, up between the floor joists.

2010_11250005.JPG

Here's a late entry. Nuthin' fancy, just the most convenient place, until I get my boat finished.
Gotta have a place to keep my Zero Hour Bomb Company, Model 33 reels. The pinnacle of fishing reel technology for decades.

RodContest.jpg

Had to go with lbursell's collection of closed face reels - which is unreel.

The pointy bobbers are the icing on that cake

Have to say.....this one was the toughest vote I've had to make so far. Things I had to keep reminding myself....

1. This is a PHOTO contest.....not a contest for the coolest storage method.
2. This is a PHOTO contest.....I need to pick the best PHOTO of storage....not the coolest storage method.
3. This is a PHOTO contest.....if my entry isn't the best.....I have to vote for the one I think IS the best.

Needless to say....I voted for what I thought was the BEST PHOTO.....sadly...it wasn't my own. :(

GOOD LUCK and thanks to all who took the time to enter.

Good points, Chris, and ones I have to remind myself of constantly when I'm voting on photos at a couple of photography sites I frequent. As you stated, a big thanks to all who have taken the time to take the shots and enter the contests, and to those that take the time to vote. 8)

Captain Ahab said:
The pointy bobbers are the icing on that cake

Hey! There's LOTS that can be learned about a bite from dedicated watching of a pointy bobber in the water:
Is the stick (pointy part) pointed straight up/not moving = No bite
Has the stick been pointing straight up, but now is at an angle = The fish has/might have the bait in his mouth but is still trying to decide what to do with it.
Is the whole bobber laying on its side with the stick horizontal = You're probably on the bottom.
Is the whole bobber moving, with the stick pointing in the direction of movement = The wind is blowing.
Is the whole bobber moving, with the stick pointing in the opposite direction of movement = The fish is swimming away with your bait in his mouth.
Is the whole bober just sort of bouncing around without commitment = Little ones, try elsewhere.
Where the hell's my bobber = You missed the bite, but set the hook for cryin' out loud!
Plus, you can attach a Lunker Light (small glow stick) to the stick with a rubber band and fish with a lighted bobber all night long.
This is a very cerebral form of fishing. I have an innovative, highly developed (but apparently unappreciated) technique/skill set that just hasn't caught on yet. 8)

Is this OCD?

Ok not been around a lot but as was said this is about the best photo..............
I would like to say A BIG thanks to all that have taken part in this.
And would like to see it in the times to come.
I hope this will come back?
let us make a poll and vote on it is this something we want to see? let use see........

TO ALL that have posted thanks, MikE

Why stop for the Holidays? Christmas is a great time to get pics. If you don't want to do a winner, then just have everyone post a family Christmas pic or something and we can all be winners in Dec. =D> Just do it for fun.

Latest posts