1st Attempt of Photographing the Moon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Well decided to get out late last night for the Lunar Eclipse and take some photos. I started off early to get some full moon shots. Here is one of the cropped photos. Hope to have the Eclipse shots processed by the weekend.

5280522170_11b8d51874_z.jpg

Nice job at the first attempt.
Took many trys for my,to cloudy here last night to try.

wow.. very nice shot!! great detail.. you mind sharing the details? focal length, exposure time, etc? I was totally blocked out of the moon here in cali with this storm we got going on...

Thanks Guys.

The shot actually came out better then I thought, especially since I didn't realize when I shot the image my camera was set to Medium jpeg....Grrrrrr....wish I had a RAW file to work with.

As for the details:
- Canon 7D
- 200mm to 500mm Tamron with a 1.4X converter. Between the converter (1.4X) and the APS-C sensor (1.6) I was shooting at 1120MM
- ISO 100
- F11
- 1/125

I WISH it was all my gear....I borrowed the lens and converter from a friend of mine.

I'm headed to Minneapolis for work next week and I've been told St Paul has some outdoor Ice Sculptures for the holidays. Hope to get some nice shots.

Latest posts