Mallard Wings Locked

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterfowler

Reaction score
I got these today. I don't think they are all the same bird.

Attachments

• MAS_9280.jpg
    MAS_9280.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,072
  • MAS_9284.jpg
    MAS_9284.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,072
  • MAS_9331.jpg
    MAS_9331.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,072
Fella on a local board took some pictures like yours of ducks a couple years ago, and I'm always finding myself going back to admire the pictures again. Great shots.

Waterfowler: You said you are using a Sigma Lens... What Body do you use, and how many Mpxls does it push? I bought a Canon Digital Rebel that I have used for years. I feel bad because my point and shoot is 12.1 Mpxl and my Rebel is only 6.1. Back then though, that was like triple there was in most cameras!

Thanks guys!

Hooky1420 said:
Waterfowler: You said you are using a Sigma Lens... What Body do you use, and how many Mpxls does it push? I bought a Canon Digital Rebel that I have used for years. I feel bad because my point and shoot is 12.1 Mpxl and my Rebel is only 6.1. Back then though, that was like triple there was in most cameras!

I shoot a Nikon D300 its 12MP.

6 MP is fine to have every body thinks more MP the better the picture so not true. More MP means more noise/grain in picture. I know a few guys that shoot canon and it has like 15MP but there a option where you can shoot it at 10MP they all shot it at the 10MP because of better picture less grain/noise.

See MP its what sell's the camera anymore that why you see all these Cameras putting more MP in cameras because most people think this "camera has 16MP that must be better and I can get better picture because its a 16MP camera." if you shooting a DX camera 12MP is the most you really want.

Here a link about the myth https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

If you don't like Ken Rockwell here another one https://digital-cameras.toptenreviews.com/standard/what-is-the-megapixel-myth.htm

If you want better picture buy better Glass(lens) for your camera. The lens is what takes the pictures.

Thanks guys!

Waterwings said:
Mark,

Good post concerning the MP's. 8)

Post the shots you took above over at the Zo if you're inclined to do so. :)

I forget about that place sometimes. :? I post on like 6-7 other forum I sometimes forget about it. #-o