Walk in the woods with my wife

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
My wife and I were able to get away this weekend without kids, so we hiked to the top of Devil's Lake (Baraboo WI) in the snow and ice. It was a really nice time, and we only saw one other person on the way up and 3 on the way down. For a state park, this was very cool!

2011-01-09_DevilsLake6.JPG

2011-01-09_DevilsLake7.JPG

Looks like a good (and chilly) time, and those are great pics.

Did you carry a tripod?

Very nice! My wife and I used to hike all the time when we first met. Wish we could get back to that.

Brine said:
Looks like a good (and chilly) time, and those are great pics.

Did you carry a tripod?

It was cooler near the bottom than the top - for some reason it was windier down low - go figure.
Yes I carried a tripod up with us. I'm thinking there has to be some sort of quick release bag for a tripod & camera (to leave them attached) my tripod has a quick release, but to keep them all together, hike on, then stop for a quickpick... turns out it wasn't always a quickpic. :roll: I ended up just carrying the tripod and camera in my free hand (fun while climbing the icy rocks)

Poolie - I had such a good time, i bought my wife a new pair of hiking boots so we can go more. It truely was a blast.

wasilvers,

Looks like a very good time #1 like the light in the trees.
Good to see u post in photo's again.
Mike

wasilvers said:
My wife and I were able to get away this weekend without kids, so we hiked to the top of Devil's Lake (Baraboo WI)

2011-01-09_DevilsLake7.JPG

Earth? :lol:

Maybe it's just my monitor but the sky in that pic looks like Key lime pie.

Looks like a nice place.

Quackrstackr said:
Maybe it's just my monitor but the sky in that pic looks like Key lime pie.

Looks like a nice place.

LOL, the sky was grey/ to light blue - mostly grey. The picture was taken with white balance out of wack with the amount of white (I didn't use the 'snow' setting.) So I manually adjusted white balance, then ran it throug a 'lite' hdr effect in Gimp - to bring out the trees in the background. I liked the greenish hue so it became a keeper.

Caveman - I'd post more photos, but none I took were any good, just the normal Christmas programs, gift openings. :?

Nice pics. 8)

...I'm thinking there has to be some sort of quick release bag for a tripod & camera (to leave them attached) my tripod has a quick release, but to keep them all together...

Just off the top of my head, what about a carry bag from one of those folding/collapsible chairs? Some have straps that could be slung over your shoulder, just might check the stitching beforehand to ensure it'll holdup and not dump your camera gear on the trail.

Latest posts