20''x30 on canvas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
just got this one framed yesterday . :D https://www.photosprintedoncanvas.com did a great job on the print . I have had around 15 done by them and they all turned out great . A+

A photo of a photo does not do it justice though . I used a canon 5d and a canon 17-40 f4L lens .

IMG_0124.jpg

Great shot! 8)

You ever have anything done by Mpix? I recently had a 16x20 print (unframed) done by them, plus two photobooks for Christmass gifts done through them, and am pretty pleased with the results.

Very Nice.....I've been thinking about getting large prints made. I really need to research the companies out there.

robr3004 said:
Very Nice.....I've been thinking about getting large prints made. I really need to research the companies out there.

Had this one https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16884 done by Mpix. 16x20, mounted on sturdy 1/8" matboard. Total cost including shipping: $29.24 as I recall. We opted not to get it framed through them. Nice frames, but at $70 a frame for that size, we decided to look elsewhere. Their turn-around time on printing/shipping is pretty good. I ord'd this print on a Friday and rec'd it the following Thursday.

https://www.mpix.com

Another company I hear good things about is Smugmug: https://www.smugmug.com/

Good frames are pricey . The place i get mine have 20x30 in stock at 90.00 ( wood not plastic ) . Custom frames can cost you twice that . The 20x30 Canvas prints are 48.00 , i then get them mounted on foam and with UV protection for 12.00 . so 150 +/- for everything isn't bad . Prints on paper are really cheap but need glass IMO and good non-glare glass would cost around 70-80 for a 20x30 , BUT there is really no such thing as non glare glass , should be called less glare . :) Any glare blocks the image . I had a 20x30 paper print double matted,with less-glare glass and custom framed , it cost me over 400.00 (never again) . Try selling a photo framed when your cost is that high versus 150.00 !! A Wrap around prints cost extra 20-35.00 or more to get it stretched , depending on the size , so i get them un-stretched and put that money towards a frame which looks more artistic . IMO I had , at least 6 prints done with a wrap around stretch and have given all of them away , just didn't like them for myself . I have tried a few other places , but the color did not match or they were printed on thinner canvas , so be careful on canvas thickness some are paper thin , thats one way they cut their costs .

here is another 20x30 canvas print i had done from the same place . Its very sharp in spite of what you see in this photo . Its a old building at sunset here in N.Utah .

IMG_4845.jpg

This will be my next 20x30 ( i like this size ) printed on canvas and framed , Bosses (wifes) orders .LOL

cutler.jpg

Notice the bulrushes in the foreground and how they are just a little lighter than everything else . I used the small built in flash on my canon 20d camera , BUT turned the camera upside down . Works great for fill in flash , just in front of you !! :) .

The two shots above are really nice, and I especially like the bottom one! Never thought of turning the camera upside down, probably because I have enough problems doing it with the camera right-side up, lol. There's a shop in the mall here that will frame photos, posters, etc. He charges $4-$5 per foot for his nice wooden frames if you want a custom frame job. I recall that basic glass at Mpix runs a seperate $11 for a 16x20 wooden frame that costs $70 by itself.

UtahRob said:
This will be my next 20x30 ( i like this size ) printed on canvas and framed , Bosses (wifes) orders .LOL

cutler.jpg

Notice the bulrushes in the foreground and how they are just a little lighter than everything else . I used the small built in flash on my canon 20d camera , BUT turned the camera upside down . Works great for fill in flash , just in front of you !! :) .

That is a beautiful pic.