Alley in b&w

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Codeman said:
amazing how cool a pic can be of something you may walk by everyday and not look twice.

Good point, as I think we miss a lot of stuff because we're usually in a car going by places without a second thought.

Note: I wouldn't go in that part of town or the alley at night though. :shock:

LOL Nor would I in our downtown area, unless I was armed or with my boys from the PD or both. Our city is trying desperately to turn our downtown area into a desirable area to be in.

Nice WW.

I spent 11 years of my life as a custom B/W photo printer. It's now a lost art. Man we could do wonders with just about any negative. Really miss that job.

Thanks, Chris. Actively trying to get the tones correct. Our 4 yr old grandson spent the last two days with us, and he was digging around "exploring" stuff here in the "boys room" as he calls it (and then adds "no girls alllowed!" and laughs). Anyway, he pulled out a roll of unused 400 ISO Ultrafine B&W film, still in the canister. I can't believe I have a roll of film from years ago. I wonder if it's still useable? :shock:

I'm sure it will still work, but you might have to "push" it a bit when processing it to get all your shadow details.

Codeman said:
Want to buy a film Rebel 2000 Cheap? LOL

I still have 2 Nikon F5, an F3, a couple FM, 2 complete Bronica medium format systems, and more just sitting and collecting closet dust. What a waste.

fender66 said:
Codeman said:

I still have 2 Nikon F5, an F3, a couple FM, 2 complete Bronica medium format systems, and more just sitting and collecting closet dust. What a waste.

Heck, you might be able to get a decent price for those Nikons, but if you're like me, I hang on to everything, as I may just need that stuff someday. My wife calls me a packrat, lol.

Waterwings said:
fender66 said:
Codeman said:

Heck, you might be able to get a decent price for those Nikons, but if you're like me, I hang on to everything, as I may just need that stuff someday. My wife calls me a packrat, lol.

I can't imagine shooting film again. But I do miss it a lot. Especially the B/W.

+1......and many others that I like as much or more than Adams. Alfred Stieglitz, Edward Curtis, Margaret Burke-White (one of my all time favorites)...etc..