Help picking competition pics!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
My wildlife society at school competes every year with colleges in our region at an event called Conclave. I have been elected to enter the 3 photography competitions: landscape (pic decided), animal (help pick this one), and an event where i have 1 hour to take a pic on site and enter it in the contest. I am still a little undecided on which animal pic i want to enter so im looking for help from yall. Could you please say which one you like best... the winners will be made into prints tomorrow so HURRY! THANKS :mrgreen:

023-edit.jpg

codyphillips1_1-1.jpg

098-edit.jpg

074-1.jpg

049.jpg

044-edit.jpg

034-eidt.jpg

003edit-1.jpg

Gotta be frog on a stick, love how this pic gives a 3 dimension feel to it (it almost feels as tho you are peaking through the branches) Also love how the camera picks up the textures of both the frogs skin and the tree bark which also adds to the 'real life feel' to the picture. Nicely done!! =D> =D>

BassAddict said:
Gotta be frog on a stick, love how this pic gives a 3 dimension feel to it (it almost feels as tho you are peaking through the branches) Also love how the camera picks up the textures of both the frogs skin and the tree bark.

+1

I can't decide.....I like the frog too, but it looks like it might be a little out of focus and don't want you to be penalized for that?? Okay...frog. Now I picked one.

I do want to know what the duck is looking at in the water (last duck pic).

It was shaking its head to get the water off... if u look closely on her right you can see the droplets in the air and then the ones hitting the water are making those ripples

If #6 (2 ducks) was not cropped so close on the left side I'd go for that one in a heart beat and enter it in the contest. The frog is a good choice, and the snake would be a good pick also, as it has a nice depth of field to it, and good colors also. The duck in #1 would be a good entry also, as it also has some nice colors and a good dof, but it's head has been cropped too close. My choice would be the frog or the snake. :)

yea the waxwings were really kind of a fluke lol... It was fixing to storm and i was running to my truck on campus when i saw them. Got to my truck and took a few pics thru the sliding back glass. I really like those birds and wish i could've gotten a little closer and had better weather!