Well I sold a picture to be used in a national print ad.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
I kind of forgot about posting this, been kind of busy. LOL I've sold a few prints to racers, and some portraits. But I got a call back in Feb from Brodix Cylinder heads about using a photo of mine that had been sent to them by a friend of mine that is a local racer. They wanted to do an ad featuring his car but needed to release from me and how much and where to send the check. Pretty cool not a huge full page shot of the pic or anything but hey I'm in print now. LOL even cooler to me that it was a high performance company that used it. It is running in one of the current issues of The NHRA's National Dragster. :D

It was the March 11th edition of the National Dragster, got to be a NHRA Member pretty much to get it. Supposed to have one coming. I have the ad but its at home I'll upload it when I get there and post it. Here is the photo they used.

IMG_1371%20copy.jpg

To an artist, any artist, any sort of publication is enormous. Take it for what it is.....HUGE!! Again, congrats. That is a great pic of that car getting on the gas and pulling the front wheel. Just great man!

:shock: Is that a Chevy Baretta :shock:

The oppenent must have been a bit down the track :LOL2:

Well done and congratulations.. Nothing better than being "published".

A local free paper in Illinois picked up a couple of my photos and published them, with accreditation. No $$$, but that wasn't why I sent them in. Felt proud for a week, especially after a neighbor saw them and called me to say so....

Keep up the good work. Rich

That car has teeth! :shock:

Congrats James.....I do remember what it's like to have your work published for the first time. It is a great feeling. Awesome shot!

Very cool codeman! The only time in my adult life what I had no time for fishing is the years that I spent throwing every dollar I had into a drag car. A very expensive hobby that makes fishing seem cheap :)

Latest posts