Photo contest

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
Ok it has been a long winter, about this time last year i contacted Mr. WaterWings and he set up a photo,contest....

A lot played in it and i would like to know if we should have it again??

let us know if u want it back?????????????

Mike

I'd be more interested if it was required that the photos be un-molested by photoshop. Just good ol', good photography.

Sounds like fun...I'm in. I agree with perchin, need to keep Photoshop out of it. I'm an art director and can spot a touched-up photo from a mile

I've been pondering getting the contests going again when warm weather gets here. I recall mentioning in previous contest posts, that PS was permitted, as long as there were not major, drastic things done to a photo. Basic adjustments, such as cropping, straightening, curves, levels, and sharpening were permitted. I can even condone minimum removal of stray objects through cloning, but adding items/objects, people, etc. shouldn't be done. Something else that was discussed before, concerned photos being as recent as possible. Let me know what y'all think. :)

I would be willing to take a few pics and share them. One condition... As long as Photoshop is allowed. I use PS for image reducing and minor cropping, nothing major just minor stuff. I have to resize pics when I upload them otherwise it takes forever being on dialup with a connection speed of 21.6kbps. Yep, about as fast as a 40lb thrust trolling motor to power the Queen Mary. :roll:

Matt

Matt,

Thanks for reminding me, as I left it out of my post above. Resizing is pretty much a must and is permissible. The largest size pic one can post here at TB is 800 pixels on the longest side of a shot. I know that myself, caveman, and others, sometimes shoot in RAW format (NEF for us Nikon folks), and it produces some fairly large files, which requires resizing for posting.

I'm certainly in with some basic PS allowed. I make my living with PS and can't imagine not doing some minor adjustments. I apply a standard curve color adjustment to neutralize everything that comes out of my Nikon as it captures everything too cool.

Waterwings said:
fender66 said:
...I apply a standard curve color adjustment to neutralize everything that comes out of my Nikon as it captures everything too cool.

Lol, Nikon's have a habit of doing that. 8)

Easy fix if you know what you're doing...but frustrating for sure.

I do a curves adjustment (in PS CS5) to every shot I take it seems. If it's a color shot I'm converting to b&w, I still do the curves adjustment to try and get the tones set, and then still go on further, usually, with further adjustments for tones.

I enjoyed posting pics last year and would do it again this year. I do not use photo shop or any other stuff like that.

Maybe 2 contests or catagories... 1 with photo shop, etc. and anothe for those of us who do not use it...

Outdoorsman.

Outdoorsman said:
I do not use photo shop or any other stuff like that.
Outdoorsman.

How do you resize pics if you do not use any program? That is all I use PS for when posting pics. Stock size pics from my old digital camera are way too huge for posting, much less uploading. Just saying, you must use some program or other stuff like that.

Matt

Glad to see that yall like the idea of this.

photo shop work is ok as long as it is just to crop,resize (pain in the -ss) to me, or make color better.

I am glad members here can look at this and enjoy photos as much as working on boats :D

Greg i will help in any way i can just let me know.

I would say the re-size is just an obvious necessity...

At least I enjoy looking at the photos when they are posted.

I really enjoyed the photo contests.

I just need to send mine to one of you PS gurus to fine tune.

Latest posts