Jetty and House on a Cliff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I took the day off today so that my wife and I could make a 1 hour drive to our favorite restaurant as we always try to do on our anniversary. Afterwards we usually meander (drive) across the highway to Lighthouse Marina, Grand Rivers, KY., and walk our dinner off, and of course I had the camera with me. Here's a view of Kentucky Lake from the parking lot:

Jetty by Waterwings2010, on Flickr

Cliff house by Waterwings2010, on Flickr

Yea, a year or two ago, Flickr put a new format which made it really difficult to copy the proper LINK to show my shots on some local sites. I used to have a Pro account when I was taking a lot more shots. I think they messed up both the regular and the Pro accounts.

These days, since I do a lot of my organizing and adjusting in Picasa...I just upload to their web location. I find it easier to get the URL for site posting that way. And, in my case, it is just one click after processing, instead of moving the pix separately.

regards, rich

Very nice, and happy belated anniversary.

I've been to Barkley 5-6 times. Nice lake if you can stay clear of the barge traffic.

Thanks for the comments guys :) .

Rich, the changes Flickr made seem real recent, like within the past couple of days. Wish they'd leave things alone, it always screws me up, lol.

Brine, when we owned the PT175, we used to tow it up to Barkley and launch at the Kuttawa public ramp. Nice 3-wide access ramp. The barge traffic can get busy at times.

fender66, thanks. :)

A correction to the location of the Jetty. I had my head screwed on backwards apparently when I first posted, but the jetty and marina are located on Kentucky Lake.
](*,)

Did a bit of brightening to the original posted above: (this is also my new screensaver :) )
Grand Rivers (redux) by Waterwings2010, on Flickr

Color version of the cliff house:
Cliff House by Waterwings2010, on Flickr

In my attempt to totally bore everyone, here's a slightly different shot of the jetty above. This time I tried my first attempt at single-image faux-HDR toning effect. In the original shot, there was a large concrete culvert located in the rocks,going under the sidewalk by the bench, and I also removed another section of sidewalk that was located bottom right frame by the bench.

Jetty by Waterwings2010, on Flickr

I like the HDR toning effect to the last pic. Would make a nice background for an inspirational poster or poem.

The color version of the Cliff House is breathtaking. What a shot!

Definitely worth the hr long trip for a meal.