Just something that caught my eye this morning.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
Ok so I started down the drive this morning and the sun hitting the dew this morning just jumped out at me. So I jumped out and shot a few pics. LOL

1252355753_GLysS-L-1.jpg

1252355282_jj7js-L-1.jpg

1252356472_8wLTL-L-1.jpg

LeviStevenson said:
Or was that medium telephoto shot wide open? Looks like a nice fast glass lens.

Canon EFS 55-250 F4-5.6 IS kit lens on a Rebel T2i, Nothing special. I'd also like to add sometimes I tweak just a little with photoshop, these are uncropped and untouched. That's another reason they were so cool to me.

F/9 in aperture priority.
1/200th
116mm

fender66 said:
I could go out and shoot the sleet on the grass right now. :LOL2:

Nice shots!

We just got in from STL we got hammered about Fredicktown. Hail was small but was as heavy as I have ever seen, somehow no damage to the car, I was waiting for the windshield to break.

Nice...has that 2.8 appearance. I usually shoot my macro and telephoto wide open..I like the narrow focal range it provides. How do you like the IS? I'm a nikon guy and I own a bunch of AFS but no image stabilization. Would be nice to leave the tripod at home.

I love the IS, check out my racing photos in my other thread, I shoot nothing from a tripod. My goal, being a Canon guy all the way, is a 7d and a L series IS lens or 2. This little 55-250 has been quite surprising since I got my hands on it.

Checked out your racing pics...very nice. I may have to get an IS or two. I use a tripod fairly often..don't mind it too much. I'm still a fan of film...shooting a Nikon F5 and Fujichrome Velvia. I shoot primarily landscape and expedition...as in mountaineering. I do light digital but I don't like the fact that you have to photoshop to get the saturation of Velvia. I shoot a 40 and push process....beautiful greens and reds...blues with a polarized lens look almost unreal with said film. I'll post a few when I get a new computer. Battery on my laptop pooped out. Only downside to shooting slide film is archiving...and of coutse cost....but any great hobby costs too much!

Codeman said:
I'd also like to add sometimes I tweak just a little with photoshop, these are uncropped and untouched. That's another reason they were so cool to me.

Photos like this are what make me say wow. Just pure art without the computers help.

perchin said:
Codeman said:
I'd also like to add sometimes I tweak just a little with photoshop, these are uncropped and untouched. That's another reason they were so cool to me.

Photos like this are what make me say wow. Just pure art without the computers help.

Thanks, I didn't think they were bad for a guy that's still just feeling around in the dark with a camera. LOL

very nice i always wanted to get into this kinda stuff but just never have very nice work!!!!

Latest posts