Nikon d7000

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
Not been here in some time but i need some help now look at this and if u see fit please past it on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgjQU0AAz6g

Not taking sides, but there is the possibility that the spots could be in the lens. Are the spots sharp or out of focus? Have you tried this with another lens? What is Nikon saying about it?

fender66 said:
Not taking sides, but there is the possibility that the spots could be in the lens. Are the spots sharp or out of focus? Have you tried this with another lens? What is Nikon saying about it?

fender66,
A little more info.
Recived back from Nikon on 6-9-11 They cleaned the sensor,adjust af,and gen. check
A cleaning is not covered under warrenty or is it (No cost to me)

On 6-11-11 spots are back

lens? that was what i was thinking also so I made it a point not to remove the 18-105 after getting the body back untill i seen spots.Then i remove it and placed it on my d3100 (ok the wifes) same f stop and no spots.

Then took one step more did the same with the 70-300 D7000 SPOTS D3100 no spots.
To day let my teacher (at photo class a pro) look at it before i seend it back to Nikon,was told that it isn't dust it is oil or something,but not dust!!

As for what they look like at low f stop fuzzy(like dust) at higher f stop(#) looks like sharpie mark very clear.

ALOT of people on dpreveiw are seeing this,As for Nikon well they said they were emailing me shipping labls that was sunday and i still don't have them,was told today i will have them fri. that long for a email??

mike

Mike,

Hope Nikon takes care of you and corrects the problem soon for you. If a lot of people are having the same problem, I would think there's a glitch on the assembly area at the factory, or possibly with the quality control inspector.

Waterwings said:
Mike,

Hope Nikon takes care of you and corrects the problem soon for you. If a lot of people are having the same problem, I would think there's a glitch on the assembly area at the factory, or possibly with the quality control inspector.

+1

Thanks guys,
I know NIKON will not fix this as i have read to much on line . and after 3 or 4 trips back this always shows up again...

Nikon dosn't know how to fix this....I do it is called a BFH.............

After many phone calls I got lucky(not with the wife never)LOL.
No i got ahold of one very nice lady that cared ..
I am glad to say NIKON is repaceing it.
Mike

Latest posts