Union Pacific 844

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
UP's Excursion Adventure brought #844 through here last week. Got a few shots off as it came in east of town and as it crossed the river coming into the depot. Gotta love steam.

i-L7spLBm-L.jpg

i-BdCfJpj-L.jpg

That is some awesome stuff and the photos are 1st rate. Have any more photos?

Love those Big Northerns, that one is an Alco build from Connecticut.

Captain Ahab said:
That is some awesome stuff and the photos are 1st rate. Have any more photos?

I have a few. Things didn't work out the way I wanted them too, to get my shot that I wanted. I'll upload them when I go home at lunch and I'll share those too. I was actually in St Louis the Friday that it was there on display so I got to take my 5 year old to see it. Huge doesn't even describe it. We had been out to the Museum of Transportation in STL before and you can crawl all over the locomotives they have on display but to know that this one is alive and still breathing makes it a lot more special.

Great shots. I love steam engines, and trains in general. I come from a long line of railway men on both sides of my family.

Ok this is pretty much it. I would have loved to have chased this thing for a day or 2. Or rode it for that matter.

i-PKXjt7M-M.jpg

i-tCDNRv5-M.jpg

Mo-Pac 1982 Heritage Diesel that they took along for back up and I assume to keep the other cars powered up while it was at its display stops.
i-p5hNVFm-M.jpg

Wish I could have got this shot with no people in it. You can see the arch on the horizon.
i-BGRFNdk-M.jpg

And my little buddy checking out the massive drivers.
i-Mq5DPtL-M.jpg

Just a little update, not a real big deal, but I entered this photo in our local art museum's annual pictures by the people exhibit and got an honorable mention. And quite possibly have that print sold. =D>

i-L7spLBm-L.jpg

cornbread said:
Have any more photos?

Of 844? Nope what I posted is about all I would want seen in public. LOL As far as any other pictures, uh yeah tons. www.jsiskphotos.com Most of those are racing pictures, I need to upload some of my other outdoor stuff.

The one you sold I would love to have for a desktop, good job. I was spoiled when the Liberty Train came through in '76. There are few things as exhilerating as steam coming up a river valley.

Jamie

Latest posts