Interested in new Trail/Game Camera

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panFried

Reaction score
For the past few years I have been using WildGame IR4 cameras all year round to monitor my farm/wildlife. I bought the first one 4 yrs ago, and one 2 years ago. They have provided great videos and photos over that time span however the motion sensors are sticking on both of them.

I have decided its time to buy a new one with a few criteria demands: IR Flash, SD card Slot, and Low cost in case of theft with biggest bang for buck (no pun intended). Immediately I looked at the latest WildGame cam because I am familiar, however I want to try something else since it seems like they are having issues with their sensor technology. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I spend more for the quality cams?

Attachments

• d55IR.png
    d55IR.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • wildIR6.png
    wildIR6.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,395
Thanks muskiemike! So do you find that you need to keep you camera mounted low to extend the flash range at night? How far is that buck? And how long have you had camera?

Sorry to ask so many questions but the cameras I had were great within first year but into the 2-3 yr they started crapping out. I kept mine out all year long.

It has only been in service since late August. It is mounted 6 feet off the ground. The buck is about 20 feet and the wolf 35 feet from the camera.

Latest posts