Vintage Racing Pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowgrn4

Reaction score
Some from the recent SVRA and some last falls HSR events at Sebring. Some older 12 Hours and Rolex 24 as well. Shot with a Used $200 Craig's list 12 megapixel Rebel. 40 year old $30 pawn shop Pentax mount Sigma 135mm lens with a $12 Chinese lens adapter. Shots with focal length and aperture data shot with Canon 28-135mm zoom. No auto focus, no image stabilization. No Lightroom or Photoshop. I find some of the old prime lenses are surprisingly almost as good as the New high dollar zooms. https://www.flickr.com/photos/72306362@N04/

If you get a chance check out the SVRA and HSR events in your area. I'm afraid as the value keeps skyrocketing on these old classics with racing provenance they will be bought up by collectors and never be raced again. Because of this, these will most certainly one day be considered the Golden days of vintage racing.

KMixson said:
Cool pics. I like the Pileated Woodpecker shot.

Thanks! We have tons of wildlife at our fishcamp in Ocala NF. It's 2.4 miles down a limerock road off the highway. Pretty remote. Lots of black bear, otters in our canal, gators, every kind of egret and heron, ospreys, bald eagles and one huge Golden Eagle! It's huge, it must have a six foot wingspan.

Latest posts