Random Photos

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7dce346c2f96dea17f80fbaf501be1bc.jpg

My new ship. Ok not mine but I’ll be sailing on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LD. I like the third one best, though I'd add some shadowing to make the contrast a bit better.

Do you do much post-processing? Cropping/adding contrast/color/brightness etc.?

I rather enjoy making a mundane picture POP. The built-in editing portion of even Google Photos is fun to mess around with.

Rich, other than being cropped the 2nd & 3rd pic’s are unedited from an iPhone. I’m not very proficient, so I try to take a lot of photos and hope that one or two come out OK. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I need to put photo editing on my list of things to learn more about.

The 3rd pic is one I took with my iPhone from a ferryboat on Lake Como, It. It was a very hazy day. There were a lot of small boats out and I saw a lot of rods in the water. According to what I read there are trout, pike, walleye, and you will be happy to know also LMB, though apparently they are rarely caught. Not sure why, but here is a challenge for you if you are in Northern Italy. Haha.

BTW, the cruise ship photo was tongue in cheek because of the “name” on the side of the big tin boat.

Here is another Lake Como pic:

P1010400.jpeg

I like messing around with my pictures. Mostly, I just add Brightness and/or Contrast. Of course, cropping the non-essentials out of a background can make or break a good picture.

On my Chromebook, they automatically include a free PIXLR online photo editor. It is far more capable than I am. I probably only use 5% of its abilities, but the editing process often helps a lot.

Hope you don't mind. I simply added Contrast and reduced Brightness.
regards, Rich

Original LDUBSComo1.JPG

Adjusted contrastLDUBSComo1.jpg

TheLastCall.....Neat shot. Are you shipping out? Are you in the Navy?

LDUBS...Duhhh... I just made the "Tinboat" picture much bigger and I see what you did!!! Neat. I wonder how many will catch it? Especially our esteemed leader! You do know how to photo-edit.

Rich, the adjusted photo is fantastic. OK, now I definitely need to look at this. My MacBook has photo editing tools so I should be good to go. As long as there is a reset button I got nothing to lose. Haha.

Re reset....the single most important thing is to Save your adjusted photo under a slightly different name. If it was ... xyz12345.jpg...when I change it, I would save the new one as ... xyz12345A.jpg.

That way, you always have the original and the adjusted copy, too.

p.s. start out messing with some shots you already have, but which weren't the best that you took that day

richg99 said:
Re reset....the single most important thing is to Save your adjusted photo under a slightly different name. If it was ... xyz12345.jpg...when I change it, I would save the new one as ... xyz12345A.jpg.

That way, you always have the original and the adjusted copy, too.

p.s. start out messing with some shots you already have, but which weren't the best that you took that day

+1. It's a good idea to use a repeatable convention for saving edited pics, something like I have below tells me immediately what I did:

tinboat.jpg (untouched)

tinboat_r.jpg (reduced physical size)

tinboat_f.jpg (Fixed brightness / contrast)

tinboat_t.jpg (tiny / much reduced size for thumbnail)

tinboat_s.jpg (smaller file size to fit a restriction for posting to a site with maximum file size limitations)

tinboat_a1 (a1 and up show element of an animated .gif)

Obviously stacking them is also informative:

tinboat_fr.jpg

richg99 said:
Gnappi Excellent suggestions...but...please explain "stacking".

"Obviously stacking them is also informative:

tinboat_fr.jpg
"

Stacking the operations you performed on the image...

tinboat_fr.jpg Would mean; (Fixed brightness / contrast) + (reduced physical size)

Having a repeatable naming convention goes a long way to posting what you "think" you wanted to post :)

Some photo editing software have different file saving conventions. photoshop can have some hefty file sizes, and paint shop pro (what I use) has a very skinny algorithm resulting in rather small file sizes with no image degradation. Also some formats like .gif can be larger file sizes, and .jpg may allow you to select the color palette depth which changes file size.

Latest posts