11.02.08 Mountain & Lake Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
Most of you will have no idea about the places I mention in my post below but I thought you might enjoy some of the pics we shot while traveling today.

Well the wife, the boys and I had another trip up to Caney Creek Baptist Church today which is basically at the foot of the Blue Ridge Parkway. After church, we went back through the mountains again. We came through Cosby into Gatlinburg and then up to the Sugarlands Visitor Center back over to Townsend, from Townsend we took the Foothills Parkway over to Chilhowee Lake and then back across and back to church tonight. It was a full day... the leaves were nice but are not at 100% just yet and man-o-man was Chilhowee Lake down. I had been wanting to get over there and see it with my own eyes and man it was low. Below is a link to the photo gallery of all the pics we took on our trip today. Lots of good Fall foliage shots and a lot of pics of the lake. Hope you enjoy! Thank the good Lord for the beautiful day to spend with the family!

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Nature%20Pics/Nov%202%202008%20Foothills%20Parkway%20-%20Chilhowee%20Lake/?start=all

Nice pics.

HAHA!You're wrong!I know the area.Maybe not as well as a local.The guys and myself from www.gstwins.com and www.suzukiownersclub.org/usa/ ,ride that area frequently.We also travel the Dragons Tail.I have four GS500's.My main ride is a fully custom 89 GS500 I built from ground up myself.Nothing like riding a naked sport bike on the BRP or DT.Whhhhooooo Hooooooooo!!!Knee down, dragging knee pucks through the curves.Now I gotta fix my starter clutch so I can get out when I'm over this ear ache. :eek:fftopic:

What!!!! You mean you didn't hit the Dragon to test your driving skills this trip around. Back in my younger days. LOL I'm 31 now....getting old I know...I used to sit straddled a CBR954RR and frequent Deals Gap several times a year for some speed and fun. Also used to venture across the Foothills and down to Dandridge were my friend's in laws have a home.

That area is so beautiful this time of the year. Great pictures by the way.

Hey ben2go. You ever see Darryl "Killboy" Cannon and Lori Cannon down there on the Dragon when you go? If so, tell Darryl that Ky954 from East Tennessee Riders said hey. Haven't talked to him in a while since I have not been to the area in a year or two.

I have passed them or been passed by them.They can out ride me hands down.I've had a few members get on killboy.I'll tell him if I get out there next year.